Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Where Can I Fish Inshore On Flagler Drive in WPB, Florida?

I'm looking for areas on Flagler Drive that i can fish from? The area(s) must also be near a restroom.

Replies

• paddleharderpaddleharder Posts: 230 Deckhand
    You can fish off Bunyon Island (President visit off limits) and the bridges leading from West Palm Beach and Palm Beach. There is a 2 hour max for parking so just move your car from one spot to the next. Good luck and have fun.
  • BaitmanBaitman Posts: 47 Greenhorn
    "You can fish off Bunyon Island"

I googled "Bunyon Island" & could not find it.
  • JWPBJWPB West Palm BeachPosts: 248 Deckhand
    Southern Blvd. Corner store or Mara Lago may be closest bathrooms unless portolet
    Jupiter 29FS
    And try searching for Bingham Island.
    Jupiter 29FS
  • cgallen80cgallen80 Posts: 26 Deckhand
    Currie Park.....You just might wanna go strapped lol
    Currie Park is questionable as to remaining healthy!
  • JIMinPBJIMinPB Posts: 1,875 Captain
    The last time I was on a jury for a murder trial, the events, that led to the incident, started at Currie Park.
    The last time I went to Currie Park, the fishing pier was closed.
    I haven't gone there in probably close to two years.
    I don't plan to go back there any time soon.

I occasionally see people fishing from shore along Flagler. I have yet to figure out where they might have parked. They may have gotten dropped off.
    Most places you can park on neighborhood streets in WPB. I've never fished it but public dock at end of Clematis St may be only area with public restrooms. Parking there is at meters or in garages.
    Jupiter 29FS
    JWPB wrote: »
    Southern Blvd. Corner store or Mara Lago may be closest bathrooms unless portolet

Mara Lago has rest rooms that are open to the public????
    Sorry. Was kidding on that one. Flannigans or corner store the closest.
    Jupiter 29FS
    You had me going about Trump's place. It sounded almost as crazy as B&T being open to the public.

I'm a little curious about Berto's too (Corner Store). I didn't know that he had rest rooms that were open to the public.
    I checked with the dept of parks & rec of the city of wpb & they said no fishing allowed at the public docks.
    Baitman wrote: »
    I checked with the dept of parks & rec of the city of wpb & they said no fishing allowed at the public docks.

Which public docks would that be?
    The rep that I spoke to said all the docks within the city.
    I'll assume that he was talking about the town owned Peruvian, Australian & Brazilian docks that rent out slips. Those are gated off anyway. Unless you have a boat that is berthed there, or are a guest of someone that does, you are not allowed on those docks at all, as far as I know.

With the exception of the docks at Jim Barry Light Park, Phill Foster Park, Sportsman's Park, Currie Park, Spillway Park, the Lake Worth Fishing Pier & Burt Reynolds Park, I had assumed that all other docks in the area are privately owned.

The Lake Worth Fishing Pier is obviously open to fishing. Phil Foster has a fishing pier. So does Jim Barry. Currie Park used to have one. Spillway Park used to have a rickety one, but I haven't been there in a dog's age. Sportsman's Park has one. Burt Reynolds - I don't know. Fishing is allowed by Boynton Inlet.

The OP was asking about fishing along Flagler. I know that there are some park benches along there. I sometimes see people there with rods. I don't know the legal status of that.
    You can fish those benches or the beach at Suma Rd. Signs are posted. Can't remember if they say you can fish till sunset or till 8pm. No late night fishing along Flagler there and no facilities other than portables at a construction site. You can park on those roads no problem.

The dock I referenced earlier at the end of Clematis is public WPB so probably covered by rules when he called WPB. Other side from the Australian/Peruvian docks, I believe those are in Palm Beach so different town and more restrictive rules.

You can dock at Clematis and Flagler for free during day and go to green market or the restaurants there. Will be closed for sunfest with a guard on the docks.
    Jupiter 29FS
    There is fishing on flagler drive in front of Good Samaritan Hospital. Though i would feel uncomfortable walking inside while holding my fishing equipment looking for a restroom. Their security may take a dim view of me. Maybe i could bribe their cafeteria with fresh fish! Thanks to all for your input.