PE report 4/29 mixed bag

Eased out of the inlet to some SPORTY seas. We bump trolled right out of the gate north with a mix of goggs/pilchards In the spread. Picked up a 6lb black fin right off the bat in 110' which ate a flatlined pilchard. Continued for another half hour till I realized it was just too tough with the ripping current and the 4 to 6 footers that were barreling in. Decided to just do some drifting. We started our drifts in about 350 to 400 each time. The first drift, we had a 10lb dolphin eat the Goggle Eye (250') that was on the balloon, then swim over and ate the flatlined pilchard. Both rods go off with the same fish hooked. Ended up pulling the hook from one but the other one stayed and we put him in the box. Our next drift produced another 10lb dolphin which ate a gogg (350') as we were letting it out. Ended up putting him in the box. We ended up getting a snake king (150') and also went 1/2 on sails (90-110') which was a first for one of the anglers. Brought him aboard safely for a quick pic since it was his first sailfish and quickly got him back in the water for a successful release. Got tired of getting beat up in my 22 footer so we called it a day at 1:00. All in all, not too bad of a day with crappy conditions!! Sorry no pics of nothing but the sail!b413f98cb574836c05ab381d9e144fa0.jpgffe762a4541a070ceaf0c5134502a759.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replies

• Terence1Terence1 Posts: 117 Deckhand
    Congrats on the sail, Thanks for the report
  • Plastered2850Plastered2850 Posts: 1,519 Captain
    Nice mixed bag Sean,did look a little snotty.
    We will be fishing a tournament in the Keys
    this Saturday.
  • gsweavergsweaver Posts: 847 Officer
    nice work Sean! sounds like a fun day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2012 DUSKY 227XF SUZUKI 175
  • T - L U VT - L U V Posts: 187 Officer
    gsweaver wrote: »
    nice work Sean! sounds like a fun day

Thanks and it definitely sounds like a fun day but it was a little nerve-racking and tough at times due to the sloppy seas. There was four on the boat loaded down but only two of us really knew how to control the boat and get lines out!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk