Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Juno 4/28/17 BIG dolphin, Sailfish, Jumped off a WHITE!!!

Had a weird day yesterday, Had a great day fishing, then had a man collapse in front of bait store and rendered support till Ambulance came. Today would have been my stepsons 31'st birthday (had he not died from "the disease"

RIP Chris and prayers please for his mom who still can't sleep and may never be the same after day she found him.:angel

On to more positive and relative stuff. Got a call last night a 9 PM "Can u fish a new client in AM"?
I was supposed to prefish w Slob City, but Carl was cool and let me off the hook so I could earn! :hail

Set up off Dodge Wall and water was DISGUSTING green w no bites and 3 knots N tide.
I asked guys if we can make a big move and set up off Juno.

BAM fist bait out we hook about a 15lb dolphin who ate short and came jumping at the boat.
We got tight but he jumped and spit, OMG the gog landed in the boat and the fish got off ****!!!! :banghead:spin

Ok we put fresh baits out and here comes a slammer! This time we get tight and owner fights fish to boat and HOLY ****. There are 2 Hammerheads and 3 Bulls on this fish. we see a big splash and reel goes ZZZZZZZZZZZ. We all thing the fish is dead and super bummed as it was easily 25-29lbs or so. I tell Vince to go free spool. we watch in amazement as here comes our gaffer and he is now swimming faster than the sharks. The sharks are BAD when they take fins IMHO. I mean Cobes and Kings we all know but big gaffers are on jaws menu too?

Anyway I stick the fish high 5's fresh baits and WHAM. A White Marlin, maybe 70-80 lbs comes in lit up like a XMAS tree and inhales HUGE thread on short kite. We get tight, get a few jumps, go to chase fish down when fish goes APE . Long story short, if U put thumb pressure on top of 7lbs of drag on 20lb test, bad things happen. We pulled the hook. Reset get a sail, and call it a day.

Ps went to church Sunday as I feel like I need "the man upstairs" tight now.
If you don't mind, any prayers for my wife and me are most appreciated.
I know grieving is a long process. Peace and love to u and your's.

E-money out :angel
USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
[url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
(I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
[email protected]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies