Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

4/27/17 LWI (Sailfish, Cobia, Blackfin, King bites)

I was VERY pleased to get a referal from Darcizzle offshore.
Thx much Brain and Darcie owe u a beer and a HUG! :angel
I met e Chris B at Phil Foster w his relatively new 23' Cobia.

I brought the "whole 9 yards". Custom sea anchor (cough 5 gallon bucket.)

3 kite outfits, Trident, 2 flats. Chris got the chum, dines, squid etc.

Current running N about 2 knots water not as clear. Wind SE about 10 MPH so I had an assortment of
Kites (Light wind, extra light, SFE etc etc.) Set up just S of Breakers w Coast Guard watching every boat within 5 miles of Trump :USA

Head's up for balance of 2017 and thru 2018 ALL of my customers get a FREE ON THE WATER SEMINAR.
Learning in a room w a bunch of guys drinking beer is OK, but for me I learn best by actually doing...

First bait out I asked Chris to watch the spread. I turn to pitch a big Pilchard in chum slick and he hollers.
ERIC, SOMETHINGS happening!!! Large sail, maybe 60lbs is going APE, eats, we get tight, fish charges boat and nearly wraps up the short. (quick action saves us from getting sawed off.)

We chase fish down get clean release and take some pics. Even though it was his first I politely explained that only googans or unscrupulous charter operators woud illegally take a sailfish out of the water for a pic but I digress. :grin

Reset and **** hits the fan!! About a 30lb Blackfin exlpodes on short Kite bait and Chris is getting dumped.
At the same time deep bait goes off and we have a nice cobia on (based on how it was fighting I knew.)

Blackfin frayed thru the 30lb fluoro 10' under the boat. ****!! :banghead:banghead
I handed Chris the rod w cobia and he fought it to within gaff range. I kinda chuckled when he handed me a 3' gaff !
I stuck the cobia, high 5's and reset.

ZZZZZZZZZZZ another big tuna on a spinner. Dumps 200 yrds in seconds, We see color under boat and line breaks. Ruh Roh, client did not know he had a nick in his guide, W the heat and friction it sawed thru the 30lb braid and bye Felicia. All in all he caught his FIRST SAIL, His First Cobie, Had his first 2 tunas on.

I was told he learned more in 4 hrs w me than the last 4 months on his own. Made me feel good. I like a win win.

PS I am rescuing / adopting 2 more parrots who are homeless so I am taking them in.
Meet Kiwi and Abbey!!
USCG Freelance Licensed Captain
20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
[url]Http://www.e-moneyfishing.com[/url]
(I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
[email protected]
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• Fireman BillFireman Bill Posts: 578 Officer
    You are going to have to catch more fish to feed all of those birds.

Fireman Bill
  • jetpilotjetpilot Posts: 419 Officer
    Good to see you're healthy and out on the water putting fish in the boat! Nice job as usual!
  • e-moneye-money Posts: 4,258 Captain
    jetpilot wrote: »
    Good to see you're healthy and out on the water putting fish in the boat! Nice job as usual!

Thx very much Jetpilot! After all that went on last year it feels GOOD to be healthy and down 20lbs!
    All the best to you and wife and Team Dirty!

Fireman Bill U are right. I may be in over my head! If u heard the stories of heart break, abuse and neglect that pets go thru ,,,
    U da man and appreciate ya Fireman Bill aka Big Bill aka fish killer
    20 years experience Offshore & Bahamas ( Sailfish, Dolphin, Wahoo, Swordfish & Bottom Fish.)
    (I teach people how to be more effective AND catch MORE and BIGGER fish on their own boats!)
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • CaptNemoCaptNemo Posts: 163 Deckhand
    Were you chumming while drifting?
    CaptNemo wrote: »
    Were you chumming while drifting?

OK, I will let u in on something that will put a LOT of fish IN ur boat ok?
    In the spring GANGS of Blackins in the 15-30lb range are moving thru (along w gaffers, cobia and sails.)
    I ask my clients to bring 2 blocks of chum, 2 boxes of sardines, and alb of squid.

W the sea anchor deployed w hang a chum block w about 1/2 inch mesh mid ships.
    We assign 1 crew member to do 2 things. 1)Shake the bag every 5 minutes 2)cut sardines into tiny thin wafers and throw 1-2 out every 10-15 seconds w/o stopping!!! If the tunas get a whiff of the chum, and see the chunk trail they WILL charge ur boat.
    In the chum slick you want a mix of preferably LARGE sardines or pilchards. GO LIGHT on leader 30-40lb flouro MAX.
    Next drop a BIG runner, gog or speedo down w break away weight and a trace of about 12" of #6 then a stinger treble to #7 wire.
    Get a bank singer about 6-8 ounces and attach it to line about 20' away from the bait. Let it down SLOWLY or it may foul up!

Hit bottom, come up 20' and leave in holder w about 20% drag (IE 30lb test mainline 7lbs drag).
    If u do this off the Juno Ledge in 150 or 115' I guarantee u u will be amazed.
    Speedo, runners, tunas, sharks all going nuts. If you chum up say 10 sharks, one of them may have a big surprise w many "kitty cats".... Also sailfish, gaffers and dolphin get VERY excited by the scent. Have a few rods at al times rigged and ready as emergent pitch rods

If u do this in about 200' off breakers it may take 1-3 hrs. u won't see the speedos but the TUNAS WILL find u.
    Light circle hooks in 3/0 or 4/0 Owner Mutu are great for Mono
    6/0 Owner SSW to triple strenght treble for deep

Nuff said
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Hook N UpHook N Up Posts: 188 Officer
    Great work as always and love that your Giving some of your secrets away! 😉. keep catching em up as always.

David
    Hook N Up
  • CaptNemoCaptNemo Posts: 163 Deckhand
    @e-money - thanks for the reply, appreciate it!
    Hook N Up wrote: »
    Great work as always and love that your Giving some of your secrets away! ��. keep catching em up as always.

David
    Hook N Up

Least I can do. Helped a man fighting for his life to get medical attention he needed today. Put things in perspective. Love U and Tony and the M gang
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    CaptNemo wrote: »
    @e-money - thanks for the reply, appreciate it!

NO problem! I sent my cell and i am an open book. Honestly these days the idea of "secrets" is silly.

#Give a man a fish>>>
    #Teach a man to fish ...

I am only interested in a WIN WIN situation (whether u ever fish w me or not i will help anyone for free)
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Cryinsham30Cryinsham30 Posts: 125 Officer
    e-money wrote: »
    NO problem! I sent my cell and i am an open book. Honestly these days the idea of "secrets" is silly.

#Give a man a fish>>>
    #Teach a man to fish ...

I am only interested in a WIN WIN situation (whether u ever fish w me or not i will help anyone for free)

I dunno, give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, but teach a man to fish and you put a fishmonger out of business ;)
  • Totally HookedTotally Hooked Posts: 599 Officer
    I dunno, give a man a fish, you feed him for a day, but teach a man to fish and you put a fishmonger out of business ;)

Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day :Glass
    [SIGPIC]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v295/Brfdlt/jump.gif[/SIGPIC]

Life begin's as soon as I leave the dock!
  • Flight RiskFlight Risk Posts: 2,491 Captain
    Hook N Up wrote: »
    Great work as always and love that your Giving some of your secrets away! 😉. keep catching em up as always.

David
    Hook N Up

:Agree

Thanks Eric
    :thumbsup

Pura Vida!
    Give a man a fish he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish and he will sit in a boat and drink beer all day :Glass

Tru tru, nice dolphin Bobby!
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rgambotzrgambotz Posts: 224 Deckhand
    Great stuff, huge thanks!
    rgambotz wrote: »
    Great stuff, huge thanks!
    Most welcome
    [email protected]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]