Fish So Nice! Hillsboro/Boca Report

Finally got into some Mahi-Mahi this past week. I have been waiting for the Mahi-Mahi to go off for awhile now and it seems like last week was the first real good push we had out here in the Boca/Deerfield Area.

Mu buddy and I started our first drift in 300 ft off of Hillsboro and immediately got hooked up to a 5lb black-fin. However after that fish we got no more bites the rest of our drift. We deiced to make the run North to the Boca inlet area as we had good reports from the previous day. We found a crazy edge in 300-350ft of water, with a smoking North Current, it went from being 2-4 to 4-6 real quick out there.The mani were stacked up in that edge. We ended up keeping 7, caught some shorts and lost a few due to tangles. We also caught 2 kings and bonito, when we got on the inside of the edge. Video of the day below.
I made a **** Mahi Lunch, which can be seen in the video if anyone is interested. Nothing better than fresh Mahi-Mahi!
IMG_9756_zpszqjadsnr.jpgThe fish was prepared Blackened with a Kiwi-Mandarin Salsa and topped with a Cilantro-Lime Cream Sauce!
IMG_9781_zpsgzje9iqe.jpg

Replies