Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Inshore...

Well, with all the dolphin reports I figured I better let people know it was not the briny blue.

I'm rolling all week into one report since while I did get slams #4 & 5..Some of the other days were unimpressive.
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday were all pretty poor weather wise and while I was able to do 2 of the three each day...nothing was very big. It was the same 5-8 fish a day....a slow pick. Friday I got a decent Flounder so that was nice.
Saturday, I had considered fishing a tourney...but again the weather was just not looking great...but the bite was better than I thought it would be considering the slow previous days. I hung a small snook...then a couple casts later,

20170422_073753_zpsva05mm9x.jpg

Stayed there and got this...

20170422_074252_zps4ivnohs5.jpg

a few casts later...

20170422_074927_zpsg9gxww0u.jpg

It went off the rails after this with 4 more small snook....but with the tide high...I tried a spot that is kinda shallow...and..

20170422_092605_zpsilqrvowc.jpg

So...that was #4..

Sunday...was not good...4 small snook..a small trout and a jack...lost 2 other fish... Ugh

Today, First spot I get a twenty something snook and miss a fish...run here and there but not much going on...jack...blue...lady
Then, at 9 AM...I find a spot and pull 4 slot trout and another jack...This was while we had some cloud cover...sun came out and it shut right off. It was now 9:30...So I took a long run south and started looking..Finally saw a Red...and....

20170424_104918_zpscl4zeuew.jpg

10:40...and that is #5

So, here is what I kinda figured this week...This week almost all the bait disappeared in the Sebastian to Vero area...the predators that were around...were generally in "packs"...on what bait was around. If you go...run and look for bait...keep your eye out for cormorants....they are staying with the bait.
There are many roads to travel
Many things to do.
Knots to be unraveled
'fore the darkness falls on you

Replies

• Keep on SpoolinKeep on Spoolin Posts: 1,361 Officer
  • Topwater GuyTopwater Guy Posts: 473 Deckhand
    You the man......:hail:hail:hail

That fall last week, has my back, screaming at me, Staying off the water for a couple days, leave some fish for me.
    Lead, Follow..... Just, Get Out of the Way
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,547 Captain
    You're fishing instead of working.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,925 AG
    Rollin wrote: »
    You're fishing instead of working.

There is no market for old firemen...put out to pasture.... :wink
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • InShoreGrantInShoreGrant Posts: 80 Deckhand
    Great report DuckmanJR I love the weekly aspect and the hints about what to look for, your reports have improved my catches greatly over the last year.

I guess I'm a creature of my old habits and it was tough for me to leave my slow producing spots to chase better areas. Since Iv joined this forum I have learned that if it's not hitting in my first spot, move, and move again until I find the right area for that day. Last time I fished I was at my 4th area (new spot) and hooked into my largest snook yet (still was not a keeper 27inch).

Keep up your report and tips!!