Home General Freshwater Fishing

curado 200

so i just got one of the curado 200s, im terrible with baitcasters but i used my buddies and i can actually work this and im getting into bass fishing a bit more so i figured i may as well get one. So with the curado im mostly throwing chatterbaits and spinner baits. if im new to baitcasters how many brakes would you turn on? and would that be the primary break or would you still use the tension nob on the side?

Replies

• SC53SC53 Posts: 549 Officer
    You use both.
    The brakes are used for the initial part of the cast while the knob controls the end.
    Until your thumb becomes "educated", I would start with the brake adjustment somewhat tight (so to speak).
    Tie on the lure you want to use, reel up close to the tip, adjust the brakes to where when it's in freespool it falls to the ground but doesn't backlash. This will get you started but probably not allow a long cast. Once your thumb comes more into play, you can reduce the number/placement of brakes and increase distance substantially.
    The knob will help if you are getting backlashes at the end of your cast.
    Hope this helps.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,164 Moderator
    ^^ well said ^^ :cool:
    "You'll get your weather"
  • noelg11892noelg11892 Posts: 249 Deckhand
    thanks guys, i got it to the point i can cast and not backlash although im not getting super long cast, but ill get there.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,164 Moderator
    It gets easier , lots of factors involved.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,422 Officer
    The factors are educating your thumb.