New source for wind info

I have been using this cool new site for wind direction and strength. You can change the time and day and it shows you the strength and direction of the wind. Works really good when you have an approaching front and you want to see when the wind will be changing direction. Here is the link.

https://www.ventusky.com/

Replies

• Let's Go AmigoLet's Go Amigo Posts: 2,304 Captain
    cool, thanks
  • hatcityhatcity Posts: 2,911 Captain
    interesting. What is the record like? accurate?
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 8,543 Admiral
    that is pretty cool
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Sea-SquatchSea-Squatch Posts: 1,478 Officer
    I think I remember somebody posting this site when Mathew came thru. It was pretty sweet to watch.
  • PaxPax Posts: 74 Deckhand
    That is really cool. Moving from the Midwest to FL was a big weather learning curve (I'm a weather geek), trying to learn the patterns and such, this will be a big help... and a big time suck. :blowkiss
  • mplspugmplspug Lake Mary, FloridaPosts: 6,452 Admiral
    Pax wrote: »
    That is really cool. Moving from the Midwest to FL was a big weather learning curve (I'm a weather geek), trying to learn the patterns and such, this will be a big help... and a big time suck. :blowkiss

Dude, first beer and now this? I am a weather geek too. It's so weird that we only get a front with a line of storms a few times every year in the winter here. The lightning down here is wicked. About the only thing I've learned about the rainy season down here and storms is the colliding sea breezes. Its also kind of weird not hearing air raid sirens every month, testing during tornado season.

I noticed that was a weird line of rain and storms by Port St Lucie this morning.

Captain Todd Approves

• PaxPax Posts: 74 Deckhand
    I spent a lot of my young life working outdoors, I learned to watch the weather all the time, now it's second nature. My folks lived in Edgewater for 30 years and so I've tried to get the hang of it, but being there myself full time for a couple of years is really helping. I honestly thought the weather came in off the ocean more... but it seems to come from the west most of the time, makes my head spin a bit.
  • FS ShelbyFS Shelby Posts: 687 Officer
    This is awesome!