Skip to main content
Home Boating

Vinny's 210 Moccasin Build

Vinny lVinny l Posts: 389 Deckhand
edited June 3 in Boating #1

Replies

• Vinny lVinny l Posts: 389 Deckhand
    At the time Frank took the pictures the boat didn't have console rod holders, all around white light on the engine or her name.
  • TXWahooTXWahoo Posts: 572 Officer
    Very nice, I like it. What do you call the colors of the hull, non-skid, and cushions?
  • 91tiger91tiger Posts: 555 Officer
    She's great looking Vinny.
    Thanks guys. I'm not sure what the name of the color is, I think it's called khaki. My wife's responsibility was to pick the colors, when she got frustrated with choosing from sunrise orange, sunset purple to slate gray and everything in between she said fu** it tell Frank to pick the colors.
    There ya have it..
    One week from Friday and I'll be pulling her to Florida.
  • FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,394 Officer
    Good Luck & Enjoy.:wink
  • HeartNShoalHeartNShoal Posts: 937 Officer
    I can smell the fiberglass from here. Very fine rig and a lifetime boat. Congratulations.

Make sure you look down your nose at passing, inferior vessels. It's a clan thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    :grin
    I can smell the fiberglass from here. Very fine rig and a lifetime boat. Congratulations.

Make sure you look down your nose at passing, inferior vessels. It's a clan thing.

Funny you say that...I get the same look from the Hells Bay guys:grin
    The Marquesa is a nice boat.
    TXWahoo wrote: »
    Very nice, I like it. What do you call the colors of the hull, non-skid, and cushions?

Frank got back to me about the colors. He said they're custom colors and are only identified by numbers not names however, he did offer to name the colors, the hull Gray Moss the non skid Moon Dust.
    Looks great
    Thank you, it's a nice looking boat for sure!! A few more days and we'll be :fishing on her.
  • mbowersmbowers Posts: 499 Deckhand

With factory rigging on trim tabs my boat would porpoise down the channel and I would look down at a HB for a second and then up at a HB for a second. I know one HB owner loves the "beluga, beluga, beluga" noise my Egret used to make while porpoising. :)
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    mbowers wrote: »
    With factory rigging on trim tabs my boat would porpoise down the channel and I would look down at a HB for a second and then up at a HB for a second. I know one HB owner loves the "beluga, beluga, beluga" noise my Egret used to make while porpoising. :)

You owned the "Porpoise Master 2000". You asked Frank to install tabs they usually do not do. There is a learning curve.
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    You owned the "Porpoise Master 2000". You asked Frank to install tabs they usually do not do. There is a learning curve.

I would think a person that has had sooooo much trouble with their boat would sell the thing..God all you do is complain, if you were one of my students/athletes I'd recommend a psych eval on you:hairraiser
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    Vinny l wrote: »
    I would think a person that has had sooooo much trouble with their boat would sell the thing..God all you do is complain, if you were one of my students/athletes I'd recommend a psych eval on you:hairraiser

I do not think mbowers is going to run any marathon without an oxygen bottle.He skipped GYm class. I also think that him selling the boat will be the best and only way he can finally put it to rest. he will really teach Egret a lesson by doing that.On the other hand. I really need a psych evaluation. I have been seeing a Tarpoon with one eye staring at me every night at my dock.
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    I do not think mbowers is going to run any marathon without an oxygen bottle.He skipped GYm class. I also think that him selling the boat will be the best and only way he can finally put it to rest. he will really teach Egret a lesson by doing that.On the other hand. I really need a psych evaluation. I have been seeing a Tarpoon with one eye staring at me every night at my dock.

:funnypost
    Made it!! The boat is immaculate, fit/finish second to none. Most important, my wife absolutely loves it..
    On our first few trips on the Moccasin, Blue striped grunts, Mutton snapper, Bonita, Snook and Look Downs hit the deck of our new boat. Hillsboro inlet and surrounding waters is where my wife and I fished both daylight and twilight. I can't say enough about how well the boat performed outside Monday. It was pretty lumpy and she handled it better then my 23s ever could. Everything, I mean everything is flawless.. out standing job Frank and the team at Egret..I'll be back on the water Friday evening April 7th and everyday and or evening until I have to fly home, the morning of the 14th. I want to thank all of you for your guidance and patience.
    For my first outing on my own Moccasin in Florida waters all I could think of, almost, was how right you Egret guys have it!