Home General Freshwater Fishing

new area by stick marsh

Does anyone know when the new area by the stick marsh will be open. I heard a rumor in January ,but it was just a rumor. Its been just sitting for at lease 6 years wish they would open it to the public.

Replies

• easydayseasydays Posts: 36 Greenhorn
    I was told some time in 2017. Red tape with Saint Johns water management,FWC and a group that wants to build around the new lake.
  • badcastbadcast Posts: 128 Deckhand
    thank you,,,,,bummer i was looking forward to fishing there
  • SC53SC53 Posts: 654 Officer
    Was down at the Marsh last week.
    The road has been paved about a half mile from the end but no parking or ramp to the new place in site.
  • easydayseasydays Posts: 36 Greenhorn
    The ramp and parking lot will be the last thing done from what I was told. This way no one can use it until they want us in there.
  • duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 21,248 AG
    SC53 wrote: »
    Was down at the Marsh last week.
    The road has been paved about a half mile from the end but no parking or ramp to the new place in site.

That is the overflow weir for if/when the water level gets too high in a rain event....It will go over that and into the c-54 canal and out to the Indian river.

A far as when, there is "issue" with the ramp. The town of Fellsmere was supposed to build it...but there was some problems regarding of howthe money was being used when in fact the city nor the district owns the land. The original owner (fellsmere joint venture) still owns that land. They are working out the details and we will be updated on status at the 10/20 meeting at Viera.
    There are many roads to travel
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    'fore the darkness falls on you
  • KBMonsterKBMonster Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    That is the overflow weir for if/when the water level gets too high in a rain event....It will go over that and into the c-54 canal and out to the Indian river.

A far as when, there is "issue" with the ramp. The town of Fellsmere was supposed to build it...but there was some problems regarding of howthe money was being used when in fact the city nor the district owns the land. The original owner (fellsmere joint venture) still owns that land. They are working out the details and we will be updated on status at the 10/20 meeting at Viera.

Any update on this?
    Yes...and no...

The E/D of the St. johns WMD is set to meet with FJV lawyers to work on it,,,

JMHO...look towards summer of 2018
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Just an update...

At last Thursdays Rec meeting....they are still nowhere with the negotiations...there are 14-16 different "issues" that need to be addressed and the district wants to do them all in one big negotiation. They have 2 other spots as options if negotiations fall thru.... There is a 6 month window for a recreation plan to be developed *after* completion....so...I will stay with my original guess...look towards summer of '18 ...or later...
    Next meeting will be the third Thursday in June in Viera.
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled