Home General Fishing

Beaches that allow fire

Seabass1014Seabass1014 Posts: 66 Greenhorn
Does anyone know any good beaches for shark fishing that allow you to build a fire at night? Preferably in the South/Southeast section

Replies

• SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,806 Admiral
    I believe that all the state park beaches allow bonfires on the beaches in their enclosures that you get a reservation for...
  • dcrdcr Posts: 365 Deckhand
    In my limited experience, I've never stayed in a FL state park that allowed a beach fire. That said I found the following which appear to not only contradict each other, but also me and Schmidty. I suspect the answer here is whether or not the beach has fire rings.

An evening campfire is essential to a great state park camping experience. While there is a statewide burn ban on open campfires, fires contained in commercially-designated apparatuses such as grills and embedded metal fire rings are still permitted. Remember to take caution and ask a park ranger if in doubt. For more details, visit the Florida Division of Forestry’s website at www.fl-dof.com.

miami.cbslocal.com/top-lists/top-spots-for-a-bonfire-in-south-florida/

Also keep in mind that during turtle nesting season, you won't be allowed to show any light on the beach. Better bring both your fishing lawyer and your campfire lawyer.