Hella stern light

Daniel79Daniel79 Posts: 39 Deckhand
Can someone tell me the model number for the hella stern
Light? I have a 2013 egret. I was on hella s website, it doesn't appear to sold in white which I prefer.

Daniel

Replies

• Egrets LandingEgrets Landing Posts: 938 Officer
    Daniel79 wrote: »
    Light? I have a 2013 egret. I was on hella s website, it doesn't appear to sold in white which I prefer.

Daniel

They are hard to find in White. I had to dig deep in the web and search a crap load of sources to find it in white.
  • BlindboyBlindboy Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    Hella 2010 series Masthead/anchor lamp. 8" fold down. White Housing. 995003061. Made in New Zealand.
  • Larry418Larry418 Posts: 77 Greenhorn
    Daniel79 wrote: »

Daniel
    I recently replaced mine. I purchased it at Dusky Marine in Dania Fl.
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,034 Captain
    I use the black one on my old Maverick (since I rigged it myself and fix whatever breaks myself, it has a variety of items on it that you won't find on a production boat....) and seem to always find the white one at one marine hardware store -instead of the black one I want. I've found white ones at both Dusky Marine and at Boat Owners Warehouse... Good luck.
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • HeartNShoalHeartNShoal Posts: 937 Officer
    Order one from Frank at the factory. I recently did.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • mbowersmbowers Posts: 492 Deckhand
    White will get stained quickly but black always looks good as lemaymiami knows. :)

If you are replacing the light I suggest you hook it up to according to federal regulations and have both bulbs on at all times so it gives 360deg of light when used as a navigation light. Every factory install I've seen only has the rear light on and that is not acceptable by 33 CFR 83. Smart owners would probably re rig the factory install on delivery if improperly done. Just want people to be safe out there as night boating is far more risky than day trips.

Screenshot_20170126-214402.png

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,034 Captain
    I've found the Hella stern light pretty satisfactory over the last 25 years but I do break one every few years.. something about trying to stuff a seven foot wide skiff up a six foot wide creek....
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666