Mosquito Lagoon trout...1/15/17

Trout were chewing today....

Replies

• mcsnookmcsnook Posts: 171 Deckhand
    Very nice, watchable gettin them on?
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 9,964 Admiral
    Pretty fish, looks like a very thick leader for those waters though. May just be the angle.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    Nice.. There's been some beasts in there..
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 7,008 Admiral
    Pretty fish, looks like a very thick leader for those waters though. May just be the angle.

Lol. Way the goon is going you probably will be able to use paracord.
    Hope things start to change this year.
    Lol. Way the goon is going you probably will be able to use paracord.
    Hope things start to change this year.

I hope so too. Am I just looking at that leader wrong? Looks like 50lb test. We fish the goon with 12-15, and most times we don't even bother with a leader.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 7,008 Admiral
    I go as high as 20 lb flouro at times, but yeah, it looks heavy in that 1st pic.
    I figured it was just slimed up a bit.
    could be, big fish for sure. I'm wishing I had gone over there this weekend.
  • CharlotteCharlotte Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    30 lb braid to 20lb flouro. Swimbaits is what they hit and I was super surprised at how the water has cleaned up. These fish were in deeper, murky water though...
  • Capt Michael SavedowCapt Michael Savedow Posts: 65 Greenhorn
    10 lb braid with 20 lb floro leader for the lagoon for a longer cast, heavier braid if targeting big reds
    http://EdgewaterRiverGuide.com, Mosquito Lagoon Indian River Backcountry, Children Welcome, Fair Prices. Call or text 386-689-3781 Edgewater River Guide, Inc. since 2003. Capt. Michael Savedow
  • trousertroutmantrousertroutman Posts: 1,332 Officer
    GATOR
    Make the forum great again.....consolidate general fishing with for sale or business but keep reports separate!