Skip to main content
Home General Paddle Craft

Kars Park info

Going to try the NMZ for first time. Tired of the lagoon. Is there a fee to to launch yaks and a time the park opens? You can only fish the west side correct? Up to the NASA bridge to the North

Replies

• davederbdavederb Posts: 887 Officer
    https://nasaexchange.ksc.nasa.gov/kars/index.htm

$5, 6am, no east side fishing, go all the way up to Buck Creek as the fishing is good up there. Like 4-5 miles north of the launch.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Air Force Veteran 93'-00' ~621st TALCE~

2017 & 2014 Hobie Pro Angler 12’s
  • marcograymarcogray Posts: 38 Greenhorn
    Thanks man! I'll post the results
  • JoeBCJoeBC Posts: 608 Officer
    You can't fish up tight on the east side but you can launch from the causeway and fish the spoil islands to the north, bit of a haul though.
  • DevodudDevodud Posts: 357 Deckhand
    JoeBC wrote: »
    You can't fish up tight on the east side but you can launch from the causeway and fish the spoil islands to the north, bit of a haul though.

Since when? I have fished tight up on the east shore many times in the last few years
    "If you're gunna be stupid, you gotta be tough"
  • JoeBCJoeBC Posts: 608 Officer
    Devodud wrote: »
    Since when? I have fished tight up on the east shore many times in the last few years

It is pretty clearly marked with white buoys.

"From the southeast side, paddlers can launch off of the 401 Causeway north of the Cruise Terminals at Port Canaveral. Paddlers on the east side, be advised, Cape Canaveral Air Force Station maintains a permanent closed area that extends 10,000 feet into the Banana River and occupies about half the east shoreline."

https://www.fws.gov/refuge/Merritt_Island/Fishing.html.aspx
  • skankin pickleskankin pickle Posts: 69 Deckhand
    i have fished the east side a lot as well. the only restricted area that i know of is the duck pond area/entrance. there are buoys extending out from the mouth of duck pond. other than that there are restricted signs on the eastern shoreline but these signs are telling you not to trespass on dry land. if there is a larger restricted area maybe the markers got loose? like i said i have fished this spot a lot and have never seen any other bouys but the ones at the duck pond mouth.
    rise and shine, it's fishing time!