Home Tropics

OBB?

CompleatCompleat Posts: 2,777 Captain
Booked a few dates... Was told though no electric on docks? Anybody with any intel on that? Kinda tough on old gen set to run round the clock for a week at a time...

Replies

• AlwaysOnTopAlwaysOnTop Posts: 210 Deckhand
    I was there two weeks ago. No power then.
  • Deep ThoughtsDeep Thoughts Posts: 31 Greenhorn
    Just talked to the rep at the boat show today, she said no power but they are getting generators in soon. I'd call ahead to confirm
  • Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,927 Admin
    OBB (the Resort) has full power and open for business. Dockside Restaurant is open and Teasers the tiki bar is being rebuilt bigger and better than ever. Until then they have built a Teasers temporary tiki bar and server drinks and lunch pool side.

The Marina electrical pedestals did suffer damage and are in the process of being replaced or repaired. Therefore the Marina is not providing electric to any vessels. The Marina is open as well as the customs office and has fuel and running water. Since there is no power they have have reduced dockage from $2.99 to $1.00 per foot.
    Mark P. Wilson
    Marine Surveyor, SAMS-SA, ABYC
    Wilson Yacht Survey, Inc

• CompleatCompleat Posts: 2,777 Captain
    I understand no power... Trying to get a timeline that they WILL be back on line with dock power... I have Bimini as back up but do better fishing at WE this time of year...
  • Osprey45Osprey45 FT Pierce/ Boonton Twp NJPosts: 997 Officer
    What do you draw? can you get into Blue Marlin Cove? Got my 46 in there I draw 4'6"
    I'm right close to 5'9" or even 6 if Icemaker has filled the boxes... As of today they still have no power on dock...
  • SlipkidSlipkid Posts: 241 Officer
    Was just told no water either.
    2003 Viking 45C
    I'll need to check on that... Thanks for the heads up... Our icemaker uses a lot and showers on land would be far more prudent...
    OBB update: Yes all slips have water. Water was never an issue.

The marina now has all new power pedestals onsite and installation for each slip is about to begin. All wiring has been tested and verified that it is good. Electricians for pedestal installation are coming in from Nassau and are scheduled to be completed by the end of February.

I hope this info helps or answers your questions. If you need any more info just post or hit me up via PM.

Thanks
    Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mark P. Wilson
    Wilson Yacht Survey, Inc

Was there last week... Pedestals not in place yet water was no issue... We just used for check in... Anchoring...
  • silentfaithsilentfaith Posts: 362 Deckhand
    why not go to grand cay? no problems there. rosie needs your business.
    why not go to grand cay? no problems there. rosie needs your business.

All of the Bahamas needs your business, so many villages are still hurting. Doesn't matter where you go, just as long as you go !
    Mark P. Wilson
    Wilson Yacht Survey, Inc

• MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    All of the Bahamas needs your business, so many villages are still hurting. Doesn't matter where you go, just as long as you go !

Agree. We need to keep this a fertile ground for US based boaters.

Off to the Exumas in a couple of weeks. Have people flying into Georgetown from Europe and the US as we go along.

Money will be spent! Substantial moolah!

:)
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
    Any updates on the power poles????
    Compleat wrote: »
    Any updates on the power poles????

I am heading over tomorrow for the weekend. I will check it out and report back.
    Mark P. Wilson
    Wilson Yacht Survey, Inc

• biminibradbiminibrad Posts: 373 Deckhand
    I am heading over tomorrow for the weekend. I will check it out and report back.
    from a very good source, sometime in april. You can pick, april 1 or april 30.
    My source said March but like you said 1 or 30?
    23a71ca9ceeaf2ae0390b5cae23cacc8.jpg

Here is pic of the socks from this past week.

They have removed the old pedestals and verified the wires are good. New pedestals are either onsite or on the way and they are waiting on an electrical contractor out of Nassau to install the new pedestals. The target date was March 1 but work is stalled, its the Bahamas, no explanation why. They are working to get it back on track. They are hosting an international boat racing leg on April 22 so it's a must to have them functional by then.

My next trip over is this coming Sunday so I will check again on any progress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mark P. Wilson
    Wilson Yacht Survey, Inc

• CptmbCptmb Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    Anybody have an update on the OBB power pedestals? Are they installed and operating?
    We are booked in for tomorrow night and they did not mention an electrical issue when I called. Will let you know tomorrow.
  • PaulBoatPaulBoat Posts: 4,389 Officer
    All pedestals and transformers have been installed...

You can see them lined up / lit up in the night pic...

43df3a8b36cbe303fea954ac4da72bd2.jpg

Also on the right with the blue caps. You can ignore the kid with the mutton...

feee9ac844362a8c145873bcaf04858b.jpg
    Yes they are all up and running and are very nice. One new cool feature is that they are now removable if another storm hits. Not sure how quickly but they can be disconnected and stowed for safety to reduce the time to get back up and running after the next storm.
    Mark P. Wilson
    Wilson Yacht Survey, Inc

Yep, there right now. Everything is up and running - though late afternoon is a disorganized nightmare getting assigned and into a slip. They had a queue waiting in the basin!

Mandatory $15 water charge - I guess because boats coming from Florida are already full and boats leaving know they get free water in Florida the next day! So no one was buying water!

Grub in the restaurant tonight was very good. I had the ribs and the missus had the kale salad with grouper.

Fort Pierce tomorrow - then on to JAX. It will be nice to be in my own bed for the first time in three months!
  • HyundaifinnHyundaifinn Posts: 54 Greenhorn
    Great News! Thanks for the update.