Home Tropics

Keeping Fish Whole

MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
I just searched and scrolled but haven't found an answer to this. Probably because most here are in CC or other boats that return to a dock every day while fishing the Bahamas.

Current regs say that fish must be kept intact (head, tail, skin) until "landed."

If a boat does not intend to dock, use marinas etc., does that mean that the fish has to stay intact until anchored for the night at which time the fish can be cleaned and filleted?

Is fishing off your already anchored-for-the night/mutiple-nights vessel equivalent to fishing off land when it comes to this regulation?

Is there any clarity anywhere on this?
Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.

Replies

• lbudlbud Posts: 1,014 Officer
    Case of St Pauli in reserve for when boarded by Defense force.. Thats what us peons do that have CC's..
    Live while You're breathing! It's Your only chance.....:grin
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,822 Admin
    I'm pretty sure that the head and tail rule applies to any fish on the boat, except those prepared for immediate consumption. That being said, virtually everyone I know does fillet fish at the dock to bring them back here, but they are certainly violating the regs.
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    Lots to worry about in the islands, condition of the few fish you'll have isn't one of them