OFFSHORE - SAT. 12/31/16

Is anyone planning to head to the stream tomorrow?

Replies

• ShelShel Posts: 1,061 Officer
    Justification will be out of St Aug heading deep on Sat. Will probably put lines in around 125 feet to start and work our way out deeper if necessary. Hope the forecast holds. Going to be cold in the morning.
  • VicktorVicktor Posts: 10 Greenhorn
    We'll be pushing out of St. Simons Island, Ga. Heard reports of wahoo and tuna at the 140' mark on Wednesday. Weather looks good so far. Hopefully this front will push on thru by midnight tonight. Good luck tomorrow!
  • SpongkingSpongking Posts: 959 Officer
    Looking at forecast 2-3ft at 4 seconds. Is that what everyone else is seeing? I'm hoping to get out and stay within 20miles but the period keeps throwing me off. 1 site says 9sec which is great. Another says 4-5sec. Which sucks. Anyone got a better site to check out?
    Kev
    I've been checking NOAA, Buoyweather and Windfinder. Bouyweather and Windfinder look good but NOAA has me doubting it (9-12 kts)
  • SpongkingSpongking Posts: 959 Officer
    Right?! I'm in a 22ft offshore CC. Was hoping to wreck hop for some cobia. But I don't have any interest in being unsafe. I guess in morning time will tell. Sucks because reports have been so off this past week. Big chop days and glass reports comin in from offshore. Only day I got so I need to make it count. If anyone has better advice or wants someone to roll out with as a buddy boat let me know.
    Kev
  • flblueflblue Posts: 216 Deckhand
    If the weather holds and I get a couple more crew Knot Online will be headed out of St. Augustine early. Doing the same run as Shel. Dropping lines around the 21 bottom and heading east.
    Sailscall will be at the South Ledge if anyone will be that far North. Channel 10 or 68
  • TmundyTmundy Posts: 48 Deckhand
    a little birdy told me earlier this week (at least out of mayport) that hooville was well inshore of the break.
  • Let's Go AmigoLet's Go Amigo Posts: 2,357 Captain
    Tmundy wrote: »
    a little birdy told me earlier this week (at least out of mayport) that hooville was well inshore of the break.
    X2
  • samsiam74samsiam74 Posts: 2,215 Officer
    X2

X3... I wouldn't run too deep... Although the water was 82 at the roll down and hooked a couple nice phins in 240'.
    Wish I would have checked this thread before heading out! Only picked up two bf but left them biting trying to find the wahoo. After several hours of high speed, only one strike... oh well.