Skip to main content
Home General Paddle Craft

Paddle board repair

Hello, I recently had some damage on my bote board that is outside the scope of my repair. I want the board to look like it did when I bought it in the area that was damaged. I took it to someone who looks like he has extensive Glassing experience but he didn't know or seemed incapable of color matching it without the color code. I reached out to bote for the color code and after speaking to three people they asked for my email and said they would send it to me. Do any of you guys know someone who does good work and matches the paint without charging you an arm and a leg for the future. Thanks!

Replies

• krashkrash Posts: 814 Officer
    Have the glass'r repair the board, then find a paint guy... most any good auto paint person should be able to handle the painting for ya.
    Give Nautical Ventures in Dania a call maybe they can help.
    Old Fugger who just likes to fish
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,624 Captain
    Anyone that does surfboards should be able to fix it up. Check a few surf shops.
  • JCrove06JCrove06 Posts: 73 Deckhand
    Thanks for the tips. I think next time I'll confirm the guy isn't going to have an issue matching the colors before dropping off the board. He has a shop and does glassing full time. When I explained the damage and that I wanted it like new I thought we were on the same page. He makes small boats and paddle boards. When I went to the shop it was soon clear that matching the color was going to be an issue. Next time I will call local surf shops or have someone fix the functional and my car guy work the paint like suggested. Thanks
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,305 Officer
    Try looking at nail polish at a big beauty supply.