Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Anna Maria Island Area Inshore Report

Stocked up Saturday night with about 3 dozen pilchards and bought another 3 dozen shrimp. Hit docks on the outgoing tide 2:30 - 4 a.m. Sunday morning...1 undersized mango. Didn't hear a single break from a Snook. Went back out at 10:30 A.m. to fish the incoming tide. Hit some spots in Palma Sola Bay. First spot caught nothing but a record sized needlefish…Upon reaching the second spot, I saw a large Snook break water on some mullet I believe (was the only bait I could see around). We drifted a good 100 yard bank and went 0/2 on Snook. The first was under slot for sure, however, the second was a very nice fish. Somewhere between 30” and 34”. Fish spit the hook right next to the boat... If only we had a longer net…Did pull in a nice trout 20” on a free lined pilchard from the same spot. Had no luck at the last spot, Palma Sola docks, so decided to head back towards Anna Maria. We hit our “Snapper Dock” and caught 8-10 mango’s all bigger than 5” but less than 10”. Disappointing. All in all, didn’t get skunked but wish we had landed some keeper mangos and secured some Snook. Heading back out this weekend!

Tight Lines,

SS

Replies