Home West Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

Best Holiday Season Ever

:USA Best Holiday Season Ever
For many of us December is a very special month. The weather is cooler, both fishing and hunting seasons are in high gear, Christmas is closing in, it's Bob's 75 'th birthday, and the Florida Fisherman ll is back from dry dock, Captain Garett Hubbard is proud to be back on the water:
1_zpssjzt3303.jpg
Many who fish also hunt. Christmas party at Hubbard's Marina, hunting, and fishing on the Florida Fisherman ll, let the fun begin!
1a_zps5ee1fspg.jpg
1b_zps6lutyrci.jpg
2_zpsieae2hov.jpg
3_zpslwm18kuz.jpg
4_zps3jkzcxo3.jpg
5_zpsiaziw87r.jpg
When First Mate Will tells us how, we listen!
6_zpszvo2rxwz.jpg
Mr. John Watson, Fayetteville, North Carolina, starts off with a 'toothy' fight on his hands. Talk about Serious Teeth7_zpseyp2f74i.jpg
8_zpsrbbz9oei.jpg
A proud young man:
9_zpsoj1a3kzi.jpg
10_zpsvy2uawym.jpg
Bar Jacks are much better eating than their big AJ cousins:
11_zps2pqtecob.jpg
The mangrove snapper are hungry:
12_zpsmqrcmbi1.jpg
So are we. Thanks Tammy!
13_zpsmq2zckvj.jpg
Mr. Vincent Galligher (L) comes to us from Pembroke, Georgia. His twin brother, Mr. Travis Galligher, often flies in from Machias, Maine, to fish on the Florida Fisherman ll:
14_zpsxaiov9lf.jpg
15_zpsxhsilmtg.jpg
Gag grouper in December are part of the 'Best Holiday Season Ever!'
16_zpsodqerhjn.jpg
The snapper action is on going:
17_zps4balylbg.jpg
Captain Garett Hubbard is so proud of is yellow tail. Captain Garett loves fishing as much as anyone on the boat:
18_zpsmw7ak7dj.jpg
Ms. Jeane' Thurston, Akron, Ohio, shows the boys how it's done:
19_zpsziufte5t.jpg
20_zpsybejnx1w.jpg
Mr. Milos Mitrovic:
21_zpspxdklv16.jpg
23_zps6p7gef5s.jpg
24_zpseemnfkh2.jpg
Jeff & Captain Hubbard are so proud of us. We listened to Will:
22_zpseryjicoc.jpg
25_zpsveedbvij.jpg
One box stuffed full. Wonder what the morning will bring:
26_zpsq74a8vbw.jpg
It's looking good. Mr. Larry Miller:
27_zpsxl1rm43v.jpg
28_zpsjpyhbthd.jpg
These Galligher boys can really fish. No wonder Travis is more than willing to make the long journey from Machias, Maine:
30_zpsve4qynq7.jpg
29_zps7vnju7nk.jpg
Travis & Vincent, what team:
31_zpshzziqoob.jpg
All this 'fish catching' as made the twins hungry:
32_zpsm1jjwiya.jpg
No problem! Here comes Chef Tammy with a good ol' Southern tradition...A pressed Cuban with rice and black beans:
33_zpsmchd1zed.jpg
Milos really knows how to celebrate the 'Best Holiday Season Ever':
34_zpsjk9btd4w.jpg
Mr. Omar Castillo, proud graduate of Tampa Catholic High School:
35_zps3ia6t5qp.jpg
This is box # 2. Number 1 is stuffed full:
36_zpsivrszfis.jpg
The mangrove snapper action has been non stop all day & night. Many have caught their two day federal limit of 20 mangos:
37_zps1nbzss01.jpg
Mr. John Martin, Florida Fisherman ll fishing coach, leads by example:
38_zps99xiwr3c.jpg
Tammy, we are absolutely starved. That pot roast with all the trimmings is some way to celebrate the 'Best Holiday Season Ever':
39_zpskodptfrv.jpg
Time to go home. Guess how Bob celebrates:
40_zpsdend5c79.jpg
Captain John, that was some ride home. WELCOME HOME!
41_zpsezgjp8lp.jpg
Jeff is all smiles:
42_zpsgva0mlnj.jpg
So are Travis (L), Santa, and Vincent:
43_zps4gosefyg.jpg
Santa, Mr. Rick Janes, has a long trip ahead:
44_zps0rr6n2gj.jpg
untitled_zpsrgxjhswr.png
In the money Mangrove snapper 8.5 pounds, Grouper 12.7:
45_zpskovdaedj.jpg
Want to see more? Check out this short, action packed, video of our trip: (click on the Youtube link)

https://youtu.be/ki-Zw8k1CvI

What an honor sharing the Holiday season with you & your family. Let's welcome the end of 2016 with the 'Best Holiday Season Ever' and hope for an even better 2017.
Bob Harbison Florida Outdoor Writers Association

Replies

• TennesseeDaveTennesseeDave Posts: 312 Deckhand
    Great trip Bob! Hope to see you on the 1/13/17 trip. Looking to catch some AJs (assuming they will be open). Have a Merry Christmas! and see you next year!
  • harbisonharbison Posts: 4,062 Captain
    :fishing Thanks Dave. With NOAA you never know. It's a good thing pin fish are not in federal waters. NOAA could 'prove' they are over fished.
    The 1/13 trip is a 44 hour full moon trip. The January, 2017, full moon is 1/12 @ 6:35 A.M. This should be a GREAT one!
    Best to you & yours & to everyone of the F/S family
  • bigfishrossbigfishross Posts: 122 Deckhand
    nice pictures, and a very merry Christmas to you bob and the florida fisherman. it was -8 deg. this morning in Chicago. take care
    bigfishross
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 3,213 Moderator
    Good to see your reports again, Bob. That's a heckuva Flag Capt. Garret is displaying, some very nice critters coming over the rails.
    Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year to you sir!
    bigfishross: Thank you so much. I take pride in my pictures & videos. What an honor sharing with other sportsmen/women.
    Extremely cold here also. Looks like it's going to be Christmas day before we hit 81. That 65 night time is a real killer:
    049_zpskzgwarjq.jpg
    Wishing you nothing but the very best from the cold of Florida to:
    images5MM6BEO2_zpscsngudz1.jpg

Real-Lucky: Thank you sir. It's so good to be back. The Florida Fisherman has been on dry dock for almost three months. Even the two huge Cats were completely overhauled:
    CAT_zpslcte7mpu.jpg
    Young Captain Garett Hubbard is one of the best of the best. He loves our great sport and is a dedicated family man:

Garett_zpsczuuv8kf.jpg

We had a blast. We were honored to have several young ladies on board the Florida with us. These fisher-girls showed the guys how to bring some very nice critters over the rails. Jeane' and crew did their share:
    069_zpscwvnyfzd.jpg
    The Florida has 57 overnight trips scheduled for 2017. I hope to be on many of them. Sharing with our fellow F/S friends has become a way of life to me. Thank you for allowing me, us, to come into your home. Better yet...Join us! It will be a real honor to feature the sportsmen/women of Florida Sportsman in our reports. Hope you are not camera shy!
    Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year to you sir, and to one & all. Together let's make 2017 the best year EVER!
  • Reel-LuckyReel-Lucky Oldsmar, FLPosts: 3,213 Moderator
    Right back atcha, Bob. Thanks for the kind words. I'll make a resolution right now, to join you on a Middle Grounds trip.
    :fishing It will be an honor! Hope you are not camera shy.
  • GratefulEdGratefulEd Posts: 316 Deckhand
    Great report, and Happy Birthday!
    :USA Thank you so much. Glad to be still able to share my fishing & hunting adventures with our F/S family. Been on the water, in the woods, for most of my 75 years. I remember things people today cannot even begin to imagine. How about scalloping along the CC Causeway? Or easily catching 100 king fish a day three miles off Clearwater Beach? And, best of all, NO NOAA! And, talk about hunting. I have hunted many times where Tampa Stadium and the University of South Florida sits today. Wonderful times! Long GONE but not FORGOTTEN!
    images%201_zpsuxbtu6q6.jpg
    Long live the Bobster! Or better known as Bob #2!
    Thanks so much Dave. Really looking forward to seeing you Friday the thirteenth.
    Let's say a little prayer to the
    download_zpsctdt07oo.png

PLEASE HELP US !!!

download_zpspyvefuuf.jpg
    images_zpsswvv1doo.jpg

Bob #2!
    :hail REALLY! Need your help on
    Untitled_zpsa8zim9mh.jpg