Home Egret Boats

Trailer Valet

captraycaptray Posts: 52 Greenhorn
Anyone familiar with Trailer Valet?

Info here

I'll be storing a Moccasin 210 in a 12' x 30' garage storage unit, but it will be nearly impossible to back the boat into the unit with my truck... or at least it looks that way.

Instead of trying to maneuver the trailer by hand (will be by myself a lot), the Trailer Valet seems like a potential solution.

My only concern(s) based on reviews is whether or not it will hold up against saltwater and weight.

Based on what I know, I'm guessing the weight of the boat, motor, and trailer is around 2500-3000 pounds or less?

Does anyone have exact numbers?

I can try to combat the saltwater by disconnecting the Trailer Valet once the trailer is hooked up and storing it in my truck while I'm out fishing. I'm sure it will still get plenty of salt on it regardless.

Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Replies

• kerleekerlee Posts: 74 Deckhand
    Not familiar with trailer valet but there are many powered options out there if you have power supply. I have a powercaster.com that I used on a previous boat with great results. There are some battery options as well.
  • HeartNShoalHeartNShoal Posts: 937 Officer
    I want one

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
  • UFGator86UFGator86 Posts: 99 Deckhand
    I push mine around a flat drive with the Fulton Westbar F2. Double wheel aluminum jack.
  • FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,392 Officer
    I think I may need to get one so I can angle my trailer into position so it fits into where it's stowed. I tried one of those cheap manual trailer dolly's and it couldn't move it on the gravel and grass.My trailer sits on P gravel and using one of these will make it a simple task for sure. Not cheap but worth it's weight in gold.:grin
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    Unless your parking this boat in a differnet location I don't understand why a 21 Mocassin won't fit where a 21 Egret did. How did you park the 21 Egret?
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    The boat is crippled with the flat pad on it and harder to push. :banana
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
    Unless your parking this boat in a differnet location I don't understand why a 21 Mocassin won't fit where a 21 Egret did. How did you park the 21 Egret?

Because it's simple logic professor. I had a swing tongue on my Ameratrail trailer. This trailer does not have this.
    Now I know Saltwater Flunkie is in full swing! :grin
    Renagade69 wrote: »
    The boat is crippled with the flat pad on it and harder to push. :banana

The only thing that is crippled is your wallet after purchasing that Trader Boat II ..... :banana:kick:Horse
  • Saltwater JunkieSaltwater Junkie Posts: 1,086 Officer
    FlatsBoy wrote: »
    Because it's simple logic professor. I had a swing tongue on my Ameratrail trailer. This trailer does not have this.
    Now I know Saltwater Flunkie is in full swing! :grin

All you had to say was that the other trailer had a swing tongue... Maybe you should have just had Frank buy a hinge for your new trailer that lost the tongue after the accident. Then you wouldn't need a trailer valet :banana
  • Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    The only thing that is crippled is your wallet after purchasing that Trader Boat II ..... :banana:kick:Horse

I know of a trailer that was lightly hit and is now crippled. I'm sure the tongue is still sitting on the side of I-95. You may want to connect the safety chain to your second new trailer on the actual frame this time. You will not find any cheap Ronco breakaway trailer underneath the trader boat. They build the boat trailer combination properly.
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
    Glad your happy with it. It's a great boat and trailer. Too rich for my wallet...:wink

You're not worthy to drink the wash water of Frank's new boat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    535a2a84e90b557d5b9f730ffa9e4193.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • rbtbryanrbtbryan Posts: 99 Deckhand
    Phil,
    Be careful with the Trailer Valet. I purchased one last year, and it works great if everything is flat and solid. It does not like to do slight inclines, particularly if you are trying to steer it in another direction, such as on an inclined driveway and turning it into the garage.
    I have had the valet kick out from under the trailer, dropping the whole trailer onto the tongue, and then having to jack the tongue back up to get the dolly into position again. There does not seem to be a solid method of securing the dolly vertically on the ball in these instances, even with the flat tightening ring securely in position.
    As I said, it works great on the flat and solid surface.
    I returned the unit to Gander mountain after a few incidents such as this.
    My opinion!
    I think I may need to get one so I can angle my trailer into position so it fits into where it's stowed. I tried one of those cheap manual trailer dolly's and it couldn't move it on the gravel and grass.My trailer sits on P gravel and using one of these will make it a simple task for sure. Not cheap but worth it's weight in gold.:grin
  • captraycaptray Posts: 52 Greenhorn
    rbtbryan wrote: »
    Phil,
    Be careful with the Trailer Valet. I purchased one last year, and it works great if everything is flat and solid. It does not like to do slight inclines, particularly if you are trying to steer it in another direction, such as on an inclined driveway and turning it into the garage.
    I have had the valet kick out from under the trailer, dropping the whole trailer onto the tongue, and then having to jack the tongue back up to get the dolly into position again. There does not seem to be a solid method of securing the dolly vertically on the ball in these instances, even with the flat tightening ring securely in position.
    As I said, it works great on the flat and solid surface.
    I returned the unit to Gander mountain after a few incidents such as this.
    My opinion!

Did you purchase the 5k or the XL? It sounds like you're describing the XL.

Wondering if the 5k has the same issue since it's attached to the frame?

I switched stoage places, so it's now a 12' x 40' unit, but it still doesn't have much space out front for maneuvering. Better than before, and I can probably back it in with the truck, but I'd like to have the Trailer Valet just in case.
    I did not buy anything yet. Good info to know.
    Thanks
    I did not buy anything yet. Good info to know.
    Thanks

I ordered the 5k. I'll let you know how it goes... I'll be testing it next Saturday night, so I hope I get at least one good use out of it :)
    I read some reviews on this. Rust and tire deflation are significant issues

I read some reviews on this. Rust and tire deflation are significant issues

I'd read the same reviews but still went forward with the purchase just to give it a try.

...and I'll be returning it.

It works fine, just not up any sort of incline, and it's definitely not cut out for larger boats.

I can definitely see how most would probably install it incorrectly and break it too. They need to fix their user manual, and installation/usage instructions.