Home Off Topic

OK whats up with thread deleation and no notification from Mods

2»

Replies

• 12bhunting12bhunting Posts: 291 Deckhand
    Menzies wrote: »
    Who are you?

Not sure I have seen you post in OT much?

I doubt I will post anywhere near your 3000+ post per year but I try to contribute where I can.
  • mindyabinessmindyabiness Posts: 6,085 Admiral
    Look, I posted a silly thread about Catholic churches in the Dominican Republic and how they celebrate, nothing religious. Yet thread got deleted with no PM, nothing nada. I mean come on, that is not a religious post, if you think it is, well PM me, shoot this forum is really slow, you got the time.

Oh the DR church I went to was way fun, ate good food, I would post pics but I think you will nuke me, so bye.
    is it possible your thread sucked?
    Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway.
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    12bhunting wrote: »
    I doubt I will post anywhere near your 3000+ post per year but I try to contribute where I can.

Good man. Let me know if I can help in anyway!
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    It could be that the problem with this site is that there are too many people who take themselves too seriously?

And that would be very true if some actually send a moderator a complaint PM's on a regular basis about "stuff" that really isn't any big deal at all.

....to act on these ridiculous complaints seems pretty silly in itself. ......what should be looked at greatly is someone being mean spirited.

As an example.....If someone said, "Old People Stink" isn't really being mean spirited as many old people do stink....now should someone say, "Schmidty...you old AH....you stink"...that still might not be as mean spirited as some might think because the accuser might know me and have been around me after I have drank really cheap beer, ate some Blind Robbins, pickled hard boiled eggs and a half a dozen Slim Jims.....they would actually be telling the truth.

....it would only be mean spirited if they didn't know me...:)

In the now defunct "political fist fight section" there were a few ringleaders of mean spiritedness who actually brought the whole place into chaos on a daily basis...with snide internet **** comments to outright name calling that goaded many a poster to throw civility to the wind and start to give back what they were given.

It wasn't the political forum that needed to go...it was the few people who lit the fires that needed to....or at least be told to cut out their stuff.....ON-LINE...in front of everyone.

....and if there were actually moderators who moderated that forum..."fairly"...it would still be here.

Have a nice day ...don't sweat the small chit.....:)
  • Triple Threat 33TTriple Threat 33T Port CanaveralPosts: 18,669 Admin
    Good morning Schmidty, how are you this morning?
    "Lord, hold our troops in your loving hands. Protect them as they protect us. Bless them and their families for the selfless acts they perform for us in our time of need. Amen."
  • MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Schmidty wrote: »
    It could be that the problem with this site is that there are too many people who take themselves too seriously?

And that would be very true if some actually send a moderator a complaint PM's on a regular basis about "stuff" that really isn't any big deal at all.

....to act on these ridiculous complaints seems pretty silly in itself. ......what should be looked at greatly is someone being mean spirited.

As an example.....If someone said, "Old People Stink" isn't really being mean spirited as many old people do stink....now should someone say, "Schmidty...you old AH....you stink"...that still might not be as mean spirited as some might think because the accuser might know me and have been around me after I have drank really cheap beer, ate some Blind Robbins, pickled hard boiled eggs and a half a dozen Slim Jims.....they would actually be telling the truth.

....it would only be mean spirited if they didn't know me...:)

In the now defunct "political fist fight section" there were a few ringleaders of mean spiritedness who actually brought the whole place into chaos on a daily basis...with snide internet **** comments to outright name calling that goaded many a poster to throw civility to the wind and start to give back what they were given.

It wasn't the political forum that needed to go...it was the few people who lit the fires that needed to....or at least be told to cut out their stuff.....ON-LINE...in front of everyone.

....and if there were actually moderators who moderated that forum..."fairly"...it would still be here.

Have a nice day ...don't sweat the small chit.....:)

Get a job already!
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    Good morning Schmidty, how are you this morning?

I'm ok Ol' Buddy...How's about yourself ? :)
  • SouthFloridaAnglerSouthFloridaAngler Posts: 3,164 Captain
    Pothole wrote: »
    Are you competing with 3C's for most arrogant POS on the web???:grin

It's neck and neck.
  • PotholePothole Posts: 1,368 Officer
    It's neck and neck.

yeap, sometimes I wonder if they aren't one and the same.