general warm weather pattern.

How does this affect bass. I know toward the first of the year it will get cold. Okay how should I fish this transition pattern. They start to slow down right when things warm up it picks up. Does this seem or feel right. I cant poke through the weeds to get deep enough to find some fish. I have been in a slump.

Replies

• mdiaczykmdiaczyk Posts: 135 Officer
    I forgot west central in pinellas county. This was the best I did a couple weeks back about 1.5 pounds.
    Figured it out low or no water in the lakes
    And ponds I fish kayaker and boaters have the advantage. Electronics help too. Maybe crank baits and lipped diving plugs if you can find water.
  • james 14james 14 Posts: 2,921 Moderator
    Stable weather is always good. Even though it's warm it's not the same as when it's summer and water temps are around 90deg. Some fish may be starting to move in shallow for a prespawn type of pattern but for the most part your typical FL pattern should work. What this is depends on the type of lake you're fishing.
    I am looking for different places to fish. Maybe not better every place I go is drawn down. Walked around tom Bennett park got one bite. The hook came out oh well. Even looking for easy places to catch other fish "salt"
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,828 Moderator
    Google maps. You'll see lots of places to fish. Plenty of retention ponds etc. Ask at any local bait shop , they know.
    "You'll get your weather"
    Thanks Louie I am still going to fish for what ever trout and redfish I can find. Maybe I need to take a break from bass fishing.