Home Off Topic

Food coma

DBRYANDBRYAN Posts: 4,415 Captain
Turkey came out great. I ate about 2:00 and didn't eat again till... well I still haven't eaten yet.

My faithful dog got her helpings and passed out on the sofa next to me.

Mission accomplished. How about you?

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski GrovelandPosts: 12,646 AG
    Killed the bottle of CR Reserve. Brining the bird definitely was the way to go. Ate at 4, never had room for deserts even though there were almost a dozen different things to eat.

Just had a plate of leftovers here at work. Yup, still delicious.
    You don't need fun to have alcohol
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 31,616 AG
    Ate too much and ready for leftovers today. the Cajun stuffing was great.

Mini Mart Magnate

I am just here for my amusement. 

Cadman you ain't lying! I love that cornbread stuffing with Andouille sausage. I don't think i'll ever go back to traditional.
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    Everything went well...

People were happy with the food....all brought deserts...my favorite was a home made maple walnut ice cream...

One person said "what a healthy meal" it was as they dunked everything in melted butter...:)

...my two cats were very thankful...
    Cadman you ain't lying! I love that cornbread stuffing with Andouille sausage. I don't think i'll ever go back to traditional.

This recipe added Shrimp and Crawfish along with sausage. It was a meal on its on.

Mini Mart Magnate

• DBRYANDBRYAN Posts: 4,415 Captain
    cadman wrote: »
    This recipe added Shrimp and Crawfish along with sausage. It was a meal on its on.

Sounds like it.

For the next few days I'l be mixing stuffing, turkey, gravy, and some veggies into a kind of hash. I'm thinking some shrimp and Old Bay seasonings might need to be added to it. :)
  • SchmidtySchmidty Posts: 6,814 Admiral
    ...now I am thinking of buying a great big turkey for endless open faced hot turkey samitches will all the trimmings. :)

Nothing like leftover turkey...dark meat especially...smothered in gravy over bread.....
  • lakemanlakeman Posts: 779 Officer
    Got to agree with turkey left overs, I pick up a turkey at Walmart, for 56 cents a pound, put it in the freezer and will cook it for a January thaw party, well if it ever freezes in Florida.
    After 4 days of Turkey for breakfast, lunch, and dinner, I am done with Turkey for a while.

Mini Mart Magnate

• hatcityhatcity Stuart,FLPosts: 3,323 Captain
    HAD to have a burger last nite. Just couldn't go another round of turkey

But tonite will be the last for a while
    still have a punkin pie left but out of peeecan
    I was not born stupid, just had lots of practice
  • Grady-ladyGrady-lady east of the river, west of the woodsPosts: 5,282 Admiral
    48 hours after T.D. (turkey day) :grin
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

we actually bought two more birds, one we cooked yesterday just for leftovers for my daughter to take back to school. The other we might split and smoke on New Years day or something.
    72 hours after T.D.

Turkey, sausage & shrimp gumbo. Caprese Americano. (on a stick) :)

Cheesecake - gone

Hope all had a Happy day.
    I find my peace out on the sand...Beside the sea, not beyond or behind. R.A. Britt

that gumbo looks pretty good. I was thinking of Turkey pot pie with our leftovers.
    Thanks!

Gumbo is our traditional three days after Thanksgiving meal. I use the carcass to make the stock. It's even better if the turkey is smoked - this years was the usual oven roasted.

Mr gl makes a good turkey salad that is a nice change from hot turkey - it's good on crackers, or as a sandwich. I absolutely love a turkey salad sandwich with mayo, pepper and cranberry sauce! Yum!!!

We have done turkey salad as well. Little mayo, red wine vinegar, celery salt, that stuffs good. After we carved the bird, i foiled the pan tight and threw it back in the oven for 90 minutes, so it kind of steamed in the drippings. meat fell right off the bone clean.
  • DBRYANDBRYAN Posts: 4,415 Captain
    Polished off the white meat yesterday. Now time for some dark meat turkey chili. My dog has gotten so spoiled this week when I try to give her canned food she looks at me like she knows I'm holding out on her.

I still have a bird to put in the oil less fryer, I think I'm going to blacken it.