Home Off Topic

Following the Baker Brothers funds...

HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,997 Captain
http://www.insidermonkey.com/blog/the-healthcare-gurus-at-baker-bros-advisors-were-buying-these-stocks-in-q3-491116/?singlepage=1

It is a good read, and still Whale wisdom is a good place to watch what they buy, I loaded up on this stock at $1.95. Will continue to buy below 2 bucks... CFRX... These guys are sharp and turned 250M into 11B plus since 2003... They leverage and you can follow, they bought in 3rd quarter which means they paid over 2 bucks... Nothing will happen fast, but an easy double in a year, then reload back at 2 bucks. Will never go below 1 so they maintain Nasdaq listing, have a great board and management...

Replies

• treemanjohntreemanjohn Posts: 4,541 Captain
    Somethings off they have the exact same amount of shares with the same valuation on all of the stocks listed
    We’re like the piggy bank that everybody is robbing, and that ends President Trump
  • HeatwaveHeatwave Posts: 1,997 Captain
    Where do you see that ? Cant be on the whalewisdom page. Go here : http://whalewisdom.com/filer/baker-bros-advisors-llc#/tabholdings_tab_link

Then click on Change in shares at the top of the column. That will show you their latest moves. You really have to visit multiple sites for correct info. Some are behind on P/E, shares, ownership, etc...
    Here is how the rich get super rich on the backs of the poor. Baker Brothers just purchased BGNE BEIGene ADS (american depository shares). They bought : On November 17, 2016, BeiGene Ltd. (“the Issuer”) entered into an underwriting agreement (the “Underwriting Agreement”) with Morgan Stanley & Co. LLC, Goldman, Sachs & Co. and Cowen and Company, LLC, as representatives of the several underwriters listed on Schedule I thereto (the “Underwriters”), related to a public offering (the “Offering”) of 6,250,000 American Depositary Shares (“ADS”) of the Issuer’s at a price to the public of $32.00 per ADS. Each ADS represents 13 ordinary shares. In addition, the Issuer granted the Underwriters an option exercisable for 30 days from the date of the Underwriting Agreement to purchase, at the public offering price less any underwriting discounts and commissions, up to an additional 937,500 ADS to cover overallotments, if any. The Offering is expected to close on November 23, 2016.

Pursuant to the Offering, on November 18, 2016, 667 and Life Sciences purchased 165,824 and 1,594,671 ADS of the Issuer, respectively, at the offering price of $32.00 per share, totaling 1,760,495 shares in the aggregate. Each of 667 and Life Sciences purchased ADS of the Issuer with their working capital.

This means that at 32.00 per ADS, they get 13 shares of ordinary stock per ADS valued at todays price, IF SOLD 36.00 per share. In essence they pay less than 3$ per share. The fact that they have 200 plus million to give this company shows their leverage. Once rich, there is no going backwards. At some point in time they can dump these shares, or sell the shares they already have and use these as replacements in their portfolio. What they must do : Call all their friends, business partners in the field of mutual funds and load up the shares for sale at 36.00. Not a bad payday buying at 3 and selling at 36... This should be illegal but it is as legal as it gets...

What funds hold this stock :

Fidelity® Growth Company Fund 1,641,606
    T. Rowe Price New Horizons Fund 487,613
    Fidelity® Series Growth Company Fund 461,595
    T. Rowe Price Health Sciences Fund 449,507
    Fidelity® Select Health Care Portfolio 217,857
    TD Health Sciences Fund 202,620
    Fidelity® Select Technology Portfolio 93,836
    Principal SmallCap Growth Fund I 84,012
    Fidelity Advisor® Health Care Fund 83,859
    Fidelity® Stock Selector All Cap Fund 72,822

This is the game the super rich play to scam your 401K account..
  • nuevowavonuevowavo Posts: 6,804 Admin
    Heatwave wrote: »
    This means that at 32.00 per ADS, they get 13 shares of ordinary stock per ADS valued at todays price, IF SOLD 36.00 per share. In essence they pay less than 3$ per share. The fact that they have 200 plus million to give this company shows their leverage. Once rich, there is no going backwards. At some point in time they can dump these shares, or sell the shares they already have and use these as replacements in their portfolio. What they must do : Call all their friends, business partners in the field of mutual funds and load up the shares for sale at 36.00. Not a bad payday buying at 3 and selling at 36... This should be illegal but it is as legal as it gets...

Nope. The ADS's represent 13 of its ordinary shares, but the ordinary, or underlying, shares do not trade in the open market. The only way to invest in BGNE is to buy ADS's (ADR's). So it's not like the Bakers are buying shares at 3 which are instantly worth 32. They were worth 32 at issue (it was a secondary offering - the IPO came in February at 24).
    BTW, BGNE closed today at 30.88, so the Bakers have a paper loss on this purchase of almost $2 million since they bought the stock last week, although they've got a lot more -
    a total of128.09 million shares, giving them equity ownership of 24.8% of the company.
    Federales, bring my baby back to me!
    My fault, I missed it... Just so used to watching the fleecing of 401Ks I got over excited about what I thought I read...
    Just so crazy to watch so many no revenue biotechs going into 401Ks.

Look at Bakers Seattle Genetics... (SGEN) They have 1M in revenue per year yet a market cap of 9.67B... It is all just so fake and manipulated to make the top tier so so much money on the backs of the working stiffs... I really dont know how it is legal... Most of these biotechs, smaller ones equal some guy selling futures on the apples he will sell in 5 years, oh by the way, he will be planting the seeds for those trees over the next year... Hey, at least I bought SGEN at 36 and sold at 55 already this year... Just have to wait for the pullback again, probably as low at 44... Wash, rinse, repeat. Great swing trade stock...
    Think CFRX will too...