Home South General Fishing & The Outdoors

Anyone Missing a Sea Fox

Lite blue Sea Fox with missing motor and electronics on SW 232 St and 147 ave this morning.

Replies

• lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,725 Captain
    Sounds like a typical Miami special - ripped, stripped, and dumped.... We'll all be paying increased insurance costs because of this sort of stuff.

Moderators... I wonder if we could call up and post the last five years or so of stolen boat reports in one spot so that vics and other interested parties can have a ready reference about boat thefts. As a retired cop I'm pretty sure that most local agencies just don't have the time or manpower to focus in on this sort of stuff (and I'll bet that some of the folks on this site are active-duty officers that would dearly love to get their hands on our local boat thieves..).

Over and over again, when caught we find the same players (or folks with past arrests for - you guessed it boat theft or possession of stolen property). Sure would be nice if Dade and Broward counties were the last place boat thieves would consider operating....
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666
  • Marko2885Marko2885 Palmetto Bay, FLPosts: 102 Deckhand
    lemaymiami wrote: »
    Sounds like a typical Miami special - ripped, stripped, and dumped.... We'll all be paying increased insurance costs because of this sort of stuff.

Moderators... I wonder if we could call up and post the last five years or so of stolen boat reports in one spot so that vics and other interested parties can have a ready reference about boat thefts. As a retired cop I'm pretty sure that most local agencies just don't have the time or manpower to focus in on this sort of stuff (and I'll bet that some of the folks on this site are active-duty officers that would dearly love to get their hands on our local boat thieves..).

Over and over again, when caught we find the same players (or folks with past arrests for - you guessed it boat theft or possession of stolen property). Sure would be nice if Dade and Broward counties were the last place boat thieves would consider operating....

Yep! Totally agree, career criminals will usually always still be career criminals and take the stuff you work so hard for to enjoy!
  • dolfanjoeydolfanjoey Posts: 1,174 Officer
    Saw a blue Andros boat work boat about 28-30 feet yesterday with the engines and electronics missing in the same area. It was already being towed.
  • dpdashdpdash Posts: 5,359 Admiral
    Andros was stolen out of Bradenton area
  • sammy2189sammy2189 Posts: 998 Officer
    Was it thrown by the tracks? Some one in that area is operating a chop shop on boat .they keep appearing there
    Hobie outback
  • lemaymiamilemaymiami Posts: 3,725 Captain
    The area where the boats are found may not be close at all to where they're being stripped. Here's the deal -hook up the target boat in the night and get to somewhere that it's out of sight - usually a warehouse or a backyard that's heavily concealed by trees and other vegetation where you can take your time and remove everything of value... Once it's stripped load it onto a throwaway trailer, drag it to the dump site, shove it off the trailer (or literally snatch the trailer out from under the stripped hull ) in the dead of night and there you have another "Miami Special" out in a field somewhere. That's why I'd like to see previous boat theft threads on this board - so that folks can see the patterns....

All of us have boat insurance rates that keep on climbing - the thieves, when caught, are often the "usual suspects" with previous arrests for this sort of stuff, so it's all too predictable. By the way when local authorities crack down on boat thefts here - the west coast from Naples up to Tampa start getting hit... I figure it's pretty much a business....
    Tight Lines
    Bob LeMay
    (954) 435-5666