Home Southeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Bootle Bay West End repairs and status

As I posted on another thread Bootle Bay Fishing Lodge escaped the worst of Hurricane Matthew with very little structural damage but some shingle and roof damage. We decided to completely replace the felt paper and shingles on all of the villas as well as the main Lodge and work commenced on Tuesday of this week after obtaining supplies out of Freeport. The following pictures show progress as a large repair crew has been on site. The pictures shows the shingle damage on the main lodge looking to the north at the villas and cottage suite on the property. The photos also show that repairs are now complete on villas 9 and 10 with felt paper down on the other villas and cottage suite. Sufficient shingles are on site to finish the villas with additional materials ordered to complete the repairs on the main Lodge. Water pressure was restored late last week and Bootle is currently operating on generators as they await power to be restored. We expect all roof repairs to be completed within 10 days.. . . . I will keep everyone posted as repairs are completed and Bootle Bay is back up and running. Due to storm surge that mostly impacted the north side of the island Bootle got very lucky. As a side note the storage building on the Bootle Bay property that houses my 31 Ocean Master was new construction last year and fared very well.

Replies

• dzankdzank Posts: 250 Deckhand
    Power came up at Bootle Bay late on last Friday. I understand that power is up at Old Bahama Bay with the exception of the fuel dock which is operating on generator power. Many of the homes in the village will be without power for quite some time until repairs to the houses/shacks can take place and the power company feels it is safe to turn on. Bootle had three boats in over this weekend chasing wahoo!!
  • Docked WagesDocked Wages Posts: 2,965 Admin
    dzank wrote: »
    Power came up at Bootle Bay late on last Friday. I understand that power is up at Old Bahama Bay with the exception of the fuel dock which is operating on generator power. Many of the homes in the village will be without power for quite some time until repairs to the houses/shacks can take place and the power company feels it is safe to turn on. Bootle had three boats in over this weekend chasing wahoo!!

Great news! I may be heading back over next week if the weather cooperates.
    Mark P. Wilson
    Marine Surveyor, SAMS-SA, ABYC
    Wilson Yacht Survey, Inc