Marathon Boat Ramps

Hello - headed to Marathon for Christmas and staying near MM 54 I believe.

What ramps near there are large/deep enough to accommodate a 28' Hydrasport?

Also, will the patch reefs be decent outside of Marathon this time of year to put my 7 year old daughter on a mixed bag of smaller fish if the wind doesn't blow?

Replies

• Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski AG GrovelandPosts: 10,995 AG
    The ramp at Knights campground is a pay ramp but i've seen boats over 26' launch there. Also much less hectic than the public ramp. It was $20 a day. Hope this helps.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • chumcrazychumcrazy Officer Posts: 862 Officer
    The patch reefs should be on fire that time of year. Make sure to bring lots of chum. ;) GL

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    "Obama hands out $5M a day like it's pocket change. He doesn't need the Donald's money to be generous, he has yours." -Mister-Jr
  • LMKLMK Officer Posts: 577 Officer
    Outstanding!!!! I will be there too, Key Colony.

I have launched at the MM54 ramp a few times, It is tight and can get really crazy busy. I have seen a couple of boats that size launch there and it is real tight. It is right next to the Island Tiki bar. There is a big telephone pole just under the water on the far side of the dock (away from the ramp) so don't use that side. It is super shallow on the inside on the way out - use caution there. There are a few more and Here is a link to ramps,

http://www.floridagofishing.com/locations/boat-kayak-launch-directory.html

The chum comment is right on, I use some commercial stuff and make some of my own.

There are so many good spots there. Some of my favorites are right on the edges of the drop off = real close and easy. Started my girls fishing out there too. Great place to take them. We have had some great days out in the Sombrero reef area for one place. Some good wrecks close too.

Safe travels & good luck!!!
  • mike_smike_s Deckhand Posts: 418 Deckhand
    There is a ramp at 33rd St in Marathon.(bay side) Not sure what the mile marker is.
  • KlingerKlinger Captain Posts: 1,852 Captain
    A good ramp for a boat that size would be the Dodge Lake ramp, Bayside behind the airport on Airport Dr. Good ramp in protected water, but almost no parking.
    In my many years, I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame,two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.-- John Adams
  • B.C.B.C. Greenhorn Posts: 1 Greenhorn
    I launch my 26' regulator at 33rd street, it should be around mm 49.
  • JoeGiulJoeGiul Deckhand Posts: 453 Deckhand
    Klinger wrote: »
    A good ramp for a boat that size would be the Dodge Lake ramp, Bayside behind the airport on Airport Dr. Good ramp in protected water, but almost no parking.
    This is a great ramp.I launched and retrieved my 33 Oceanmaster from there.
    Joe G.
    Lighthouse Point
  • Soda PopinskiSoda Popinski AG GrovelandPosts: 10,995 AG
    JoeGiul wrote: »
    This is a great ramp.I launched and retrieved my 33 Oceanmaster from there.

Man He's not lying, when he says no parking, there is zero parking.
    People use statistics the way a drunk uses a street light, for support rather than illumination.
  • Reel CheddaReel Chedda Greenhorn Posts: 18 Greenhorn
    Dodge Lake Ramp @ Aviation Boulevard and Harbor Drive
  • Vaca FritaVaca Frita Greenhorn Posts: 56 Greenhorn
    Dodge Lake Ramp @ Aviation Boulevard and Harbor Drive

This...best ramp in Marathon.
  • skeeter1976skeeter1976 Greenhorn Posts: 24 Greenhorn
    Thanks all. Vacay can't come quick enough.......