Home Egret Boats

New Minn Kota's at Master Repair in Stuart

silverdreamssilverdreams Posts: 235 Deckhand
Just a heads up to everyone that Mike at Master Repair in Stuart has the new Minn Kota trolling motors in stock......they've been held up for a while, but now he has everything in stock. The New I Pilot models have new I Pilot functionality that is supposed to provide tighter tolerances and also feature a Spot Lock Jog feature where you can move your Spot Lock position in 5 foot increments either forward, back, left or right. The Ulterra's have updates to them as well.

Replies

• Renagade69Renagade69 Posts: 1,234 Officer
    I was told the ulterra has no update and is the same by Minn Kota.
    Hells Bay Estero Bay Boat and Hells Bay Marquesas
  • DarcyDarcy Posts: 1,711 Captain
    I can already move 5' forward or back. Turn it on for 5' and hit spot lock again. Lol. Jk.
    "No i'm NOT Darcizzle!":blowkiss

https://captainsforcleanwater.org
  • silverdreamssilverdreams Posts: 235 Deckhand
    Renegade69, maybe you are right, but I can tell you the remote is different and the new Ulterra's have bluetooth (can use your phone as a backup) and have an external puck that you need to mount and connect to a power source, the previous models did not have this. They advertise tighter hold tolerances and the new Ulterra has a feature where you can move 5' off your previous spot by simply hitting a button (or series of buttons, I haven't used mine yet) and I know the old Ulterra's did not have this feature (their website mentions this is a new feature). I was trying to buy an Ulterra a couple months ago and there were none to be found in the US......Minn Kota stopped production until the new units with the updates were rolling out the door, which is happening now.

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/Trolling-Motors/Saltwater-Bow-Mount/New-Riptide-Ulterra/
  • 91tiger91tiger Posts: 555 Officer
    Just ordered the updated Ultera for mine yesterday. It does have the updated spot lock exactly as Silverdreams describes. I hope to get it all set up this weekend.
    Renegade69, maybe you are right, but I can tell you the remote is different and the new Ulterra's have bluetooth (can use your phone as a backup) and have an external puck that you need to mount and connect to a power source, the previous models did not have this. They advertise tighter hold tolerances and the new Ulterra has a feature where you can move 5' off your previous spot by simply hitting a button (or series of buttons, I haven't used mine yet) and I know the old Ulterra's did not have this feature (their website mentions this is a new feature). I was trying to buy an Ulterra a couple months ago and there were none to be found in the US......Minn Kota stopped production until the new units with the updates were rolling out the door, which is happening now.

http://www.minnkotamotors.com/Trolling-Motors/Saltwater-Bow-Mount/New-Riptide-Ulterra/

Yea. I own a 2016 model and now a 2017 model going on my Hells Bay Bay boat. They look the same except for the remote and puck.
  • Amurleopard1967Amurleopard1967 Posts: 267 Deckhand
    Hopefully the anchor spot lock feature is better then
    Last years model. The anchor feature is terrible compared
    To motorguides.
  • FlatsBoyFlatsBoy Posts: 1,392 Officer
    Lets hope so I just picked one up and switched from MotorGuide XI5 before it was installed on my new boat.

I have a brand new never used Motor Guide XI5 36 volt 60 inch shaft for sale with quick release. $1600.00
    I will give you 100 dollars?