Rigging soft plastics to hook....

I am fishing more and more soft plastic baits, swimmers, worms, creatures! What are your favorite ways to get these plastics to stay proper on the hook and keep from tearing up so easily? I am old school and really only employ putting a tooth pick thru the eye to keep my worms from sliding down the shaft. I have to think there are newer and improved methods. Thanks for sharing your soft plastic rigging knowledge. Tomm in Central Fl.
Triton 1870 Bay Sport, 115 merc. 4/stroke,
Fish Shallow saltwater, lakes central Fl. And Lake Oconee Ga.
Live in Lakeland

Replies

• bluewatermafiabluewatermafia Posts: 535 Officer
    I was taught by an old bass fisherman to run your main line through one eye of a very small barrel swivel before tying your hook on, so the swivel slides freely up and down the line. When you run the hook through the nose of the bait then bring the other eye of the swivel over the hook and under the chin of the bait. The swivel will trap the head of the bait there on the eye of the hook where you want it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,207 Officer
    Use Z worm hooks.
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,549 Moderator
    Parasite clips can help. I just bite the head back some until too short but I enjoy buying baits ..
    "You'll get your weather"
  • MRichardsonMRichardson Posts: 6,386 Admiral
    capt louie wrote: »
    Parasite clips can help. I just bite the head back some until too short but I enjoy buying baits ..

Sounds like bluewatermafia posted the precursor to these things.