worms

what a brand of worm to use in florida ..i`am fishing in dark water...are the long ones better.......

Replies

• ebgatorebgator Posts: 46 Deckhand
    I LIKE MANN'S OR CHARLIE'S IN THE BLUE/MIDNIGHT OR WATERMELON FLAKE. AS FOR LENGTH, PROBABLY ANYTHING FROM 7" UP TO 12"
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,460 Moderator
    Plenty to choose from , I like Zoom speed worms watermelon red or junebug. A larger worm isn't necessarily better but don't be afraid to throw them. 6" to 8" is the norm. If you use a large one try it in black.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • LivinwideLivinwide Posts: 27 Greenhorn
    I agree with Capt Louie and Ebgator, watermelon or junebug color. I just use zoom utails because the local store carries them. For black worms, I like the ones with red curly tails on them, I think the ones I have are Renegade brand. Don't know if they are still around. Good Luck!
  • s10s10 Posts: 39 Deckhand
    bitters baits are good, black red flake, black blue tail, or black, junebug, watermelon red flake. zoom vibe worm same colors one of my goto baits. bass assasin also a good choice.
  • mikenavmikenav Posts: 669 Officer
    6-8 inch purple Charlie's worm. Works every time. If I'm fishing a new lake or pond this is my go-to starter bait. I can always adjust from there, but at the very least, this worm either weightless or with enough weight to just drag across the bottom is an all-time favorite.