Lowrance Map question

JankomaticJankomatic Posts: 1 Greenhorn
I bought a Hook 5 with Navionics+ for a new boat recently. The current mail-in offer for it is to pick one of these chips for free and I am trying to figure out what to get. I will be fishing inshore most of the time, but I could see myself hitting some freshwater lakes as well.

Nautic Insight Pro High-Definition Marine Charts or Lake Insight Pro High-Definition Lake Charts are the choices.

I might just not be understanding, but doesn't the Navionics+ already give you all the coastal contours and other information? I don't want to get the Nautic charts if it is just going to be a duplicate or what Navionics+ already has.

Thanks in advance.

Replies

• GotseaGotsea Posts: 142 Deckhand
    Go to the web and read on the two choices, I can tell you the card has a lot more detail than the map is incorporated on the unit
  • DevodudDevodud Posts: 355 Deckhand
    Gotsea......

I believe the Lowrance w/Navionics+ comes with a Navionics chip.......
    "If you're gunna be stupid, you gotta be tough"
  • mikenavmikenav Posts: 777 Officer
    The Navionics+ chip you have will already give you all the contours and information you should need. And it will be updateable and much more up-to-date than the other two options. Plus, it covers the entire U.S. and Canada and is loaded with more lakes and new contours each week.
  • GotseaGotsea Posts: 142 Deckhand
    I have a Lowrance HDS but it is not the latest, I got he offer too when I bought it but it was fishing charts, not sure what are they offering now