Home General Freshwater Fishing

Tutor Needed

Hello Everyone:

I'm looking a tutor.

Let me explain.

I'm 70 years old and have only been seriously fishing since I retired 5 years ago. I have a 2015 Bass Tracker TXW 175 which I enjoy very much.

I fish in the Everglade canals around here – Holiday Park, Sawgrass Rec, MM 34 on the alley, the canal both sides of SR27, Lake Ida and the Holey Lands.

I prefer to use artificial lures rather than shiners.

I've had some successful days and many less than successful – there are no bad days fishing -right?. I know all the “reasons” for bad days – waters high, canals are flowing fast, too hot too cold etc etc., But I feel I may be missing something in my technique, presentation or the locations I'm targeting.

And given my age I guess I have too few active years left to further develop my skills by practice alone

So I'm looking for a tutor to come with me on my boat, to locations around here – see above – to spend 4 hours or so giving me the benefit of their knowledge and skill. In return I am ready to pay a reasonable stipend.

If you are interested then please PM me with some background on yourself, availability and what financial reward you would require.

I am looking to move forward fairly quickly – time does fly as you get older(!).

Thank you

David[/SIZE]

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,535 Moderator
    David , I really hope someone in your area will step up and help a forum brother out. Your request isn't unreasonable and If you were closer
    I would be glad to help.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • Alex from GAAlex from GA Posts: 1,606 Captain
    Capt Louie is great for helping an old guy out, I know.
  • RollinRollin Posts: 1,549 Captain
    I'm not a guide, but I've fished the areas you speak of. You're definitely in the right areas. It's good year around, but January through April the fishing is white hot. You should have Zoom Toads as part of your arsenal. Get right on the edge of the canal and throw the Toad down the canal ahead of you and as close to the edge as you get. They're great in the pads too.

I'm 72 and been fishing in the the swamp for over 60 years. I'm only in Florida a few months during the winter, so no help on the tutoring
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,535 Moderator
    Capt Louie is great for helping an old guy out, I know.

Thanks Alex. :cool:
    "You'll get your weather"