Skip to main content
Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

The Glades are Good!!

I am not on here near much as I would like to be these days. Between running trips, working on boats, traveling and wearing the presidents hats for the Florida Guides Association time just seems to fly right by. All part of living the dream right?

Fishing though for us has been pretty darn steady coming out of August. Lots of snook of all sizes on the nearshore wrecks. Live bait but also jigs and big buck tails have been working well on our trips. Redfish are getting better, I have been having good success with the simple lady fish chunk on circle hooks on the edges of bars.

Now that the winds laying down more days than not been really spending more time offshore. Tripletail fishing has been good lately, with free swimmers being found all thru the region as well as the typical fish hanging around the floats and crab traps. Live shrimp as well as artificial lures will get the job done.

The grouper have been steady and eager to please. I just catch a few grunts, then send them back down in the live bottom areas on a 6 or 7/0 circle and get ready. I'll just add that a big ol grunt head often finds a big ol grouper mouth.

I hope y'all are all doing well and hope to see you out there. Love to have another 10k meet up again one of these days.23929d361bf8f35fcfdb90422562a800.jpgf54f4c6b05b03c80c0d4d95c76055249.jpga84ea30d2d8cbf8abe660978c28e0781.jpg41976e0b8dde025bfd07be0c6a5d6e56.jpgc6f4db4e6961c025029a1f63ffdead28.jpg3d4cd0e6048d070acb0b8a79f977f048.jpg0c752aa6612e8a461e0a88a762c1c2a9.jpge3b33d38ec9b1204d1c80c19847767fa.jpg0139a426d7611ca7250d4aedc6d2a2eb.jpg05716eb879f42ac2469c34a21b2fc7f9.jpg2c579119281b3322097b16307d98afbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.

Replies

• snookaffinitysnookaffinity Naples, FLPosts: 1,285 Officer
    Great report. Thanks
    "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." - Mark Twain
  • Snook have just started moving into the middle bays.
    Caught 2 last weekend right at keeper size 28 in. or so. Been little ones all Summer.
    A bunch of them but all have been sprites till now.
    Soon as the winds of Oct. kick in the Sows will start heading to the Far Backcountry...I'll be there..
    Killin and Grillin :grin
  • blewitupsirblewitupsir Posts: 774 Officer
    I've been finding more reds pushing back as well the past couple weeks Terror. Beautiful fish too, dark bronze , only trouble has been finding one that's not over slot!!

http://hopefishing.comFishing the Florida Everglades National Park with Hope Fishing Adventures.
  • blewitupsirblewitupsir Posts: 774 Officer
    Btw, the last grouper picture I wanted to share something that's a lot of fun and does work in our area, pulling deep diving plugs and trolling. I don't catch a bunch, but I do catch a few each trip and they are always big high quality fish. Depth I am fishing is 35-42ish, and I'm trolling about 3-4 mph. It's a little bit of a guessing game to figure it out.

I have two dedicated trolling rods, and I marked my line with yarn every hundred yards so I can know ho far out I am. That's been a big help.

Just something different I wanted to share.