Home Photography Corner

HoWdY

I see you guys have been doing well. Good to see. I dropped the camera on terrazzo, and because of the age and actuations, I think I will hold off on buying or repairing until I find something on sale. The only camera shop we had just announced she is closing, and we all know how much I hate driving to Orlando. Ugh. But it's ok. I have been staying busy doing other stuff. The Refuge was slow this year, but all of a sudden, it seems like everyone showed up. :) I saw a few Whites last weekend, but they were at the back side of the revetments along L Pond Road. Im sure they will be moving in closer. I have to wait, because the refuge on that side is closed down for road repairs. The Spoonies are finally showing themselves in my area, even though Craig keeps saying they are abundant. Pfftttt. This little Red was sooo shy, and the young female Osprey was intent on getting the fish that are trapped in the receding cuts that are drying up on the south side................................

29327343035_14efede61b_c.jpg

29291655056_b51e38c180_c.jpg
Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............

Replies

• tagtag Posts: 8,920 Admiral
    Nice pics. Love the first one.
  • mississippi macmississippi mac Posts: 4,222 Captain
    Suz...
    sorry to hear about your camera...you might want to look at the new canon 80D...
    it's affordable and has a huge amount of improvements over its xxD predecessors....
    it's up there with a 7D mk II and a hell of a lot cheaper...

The heron image is sweet. the exposure and composition come together perfectly...
    good shot of the osprey but the heron strikes a chord...

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

if you can't catch a fish...catch a buzz....
    #12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • redsgurlredsgurl Posts: 555 Officer
    Thank you Tag :) . Hi Tim, I thought you would like the Red Heron. :) I am not in a huge hurry for a camera right now. The Tamron took a beating, but as you know I never loved that lens anyway. Big as hell, weighs a ton, and was never sharp I want what Chuck bought. Just gonna be on the lookout for that I think.
    Suz

Capybara's are vicious and should not be let alone with small children. In-laws are another matter.............
    Suz....
    my long tele is the sigma 150-600C OS...it's a tack sharp lens, very close to canon L glass...
    it is heavy...no such thing as a good, light, long tele-zoom...
    the sigma also works with their docking system which makes it even more versatile...read up on it...

check out JWT's shots...we are hooting with the same set up...

tim
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

#12976, joined 8-17-2002
  • ChuckcChuckc Posts: 4,398 Captain
    Great work on both shots Suz. Sorry to hear about dropping your gear, that sucks. If you went with the Sigma you won't have to buy a new body, assuming it survived. Regardless, you have lots of options and the talent and eye to make the best of whatever you choose.
    Thanks you guys. I have the Tamron. It still shoots; the zoom in and zoom out is now manual, push or pull. :) It's not as sharp as it was, maybe jarred an element. Nothing "broken", nothin rattles. My own dumb fault; set it on the table and didn't check too be sure the balance was good. Walked 10 feet away and heard it bounce off the terrazzo. Ive done the same thing in my truck; set it on the console and next thing ya know its on the floorboard. I dont know why Im looking for another lens. Ill probably do the same thing. Sucks not having the ability to maintain concentration. Age they call it......................
    Suz

• JWTJWT Posts: 726 Officer
    both images look great, those are with the "broke" stuff?
    JWT wrote: »
    both images look great, those are with the "broke" stuff?
    yeah...Suz can do great stuff, even if it's broke....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Real White Dog

#12976, joined 8-17-2002
    Yeah. She's broke n. Broke like my heart did when I heard that sound........... Yes, these were shot last weekend. With her hoggish light grabbing needs, she won't get much use past daylight savings time except on weekends. They opened most of the refuge up again, so maybe I will be able to get out this weekend. We'll see... Thanks you guys. :)
    Suz