Home Politics

At least 30 more emails have been 'found' about Benghazi......

2»

Replies

• LuckyMrSwLuckyMrSw Posts: 3,208 Captain
    Tell us about the rest of the 'Pigs' at the trough :dance
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    What the anti Trump folks here refuse to admit is the republicans here, DON'T CARE that Trump is a corrupt liar and they know he is but he is THEIR CORRUPT LIAR.

Funny how that works, huh?
    Please stop derailing my thread.
    `Forum Moderator`

Don't call each other names
    `Same Forum Moderator`
  • ParkerboyParkerboy Posts: 7,048 Admiral
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    What the anti Trump folks here refuse to admit is the republicans here, DON'T CARE that Trump is a corrupt liar and they know he is but he is THEIR CORRUPT LIAR.

Funny how that works, huh?

I'm not a Trump supporter but we KNOW the Clintons are corrupt from their forty year history. No honest public servant amassing a fortune pushing a 100 million dollars. Trump may be corrupt but it hasn't been proven yet and if he his it isn't from selling government access.
    Deo Vindice
  • Gary SGary S Posts: 2,307 Captain
    (D) Security technology

Development and implementation of technical and physical security programs, including security-related construction, radio and personnel security communications, armored vehicles, computer and communications security, and research programs necessary to develop such measures.

So does this mean, that if in her opinion that American On Line was secure enough it would be OK?

And with all the responsibilities you listed are you saying that her security level would not be higher than most people in the military or any position in the Government. Especially since see answers to the president. By the way does he have to have a security clearance?
  • Gary S wrote: »
    (

So does this mean, that if in her opinion that American On Line was secure enough it would be OK?

No, that's why she used her own sever. It was more prudent than using a commercially available service.

AOL is America Online.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    The Internet is pre-hacked at the factory. So Yes.. AOL was fine.
  • gunby31gunby31 Posts: 5,777 Officer
    Bring her before congress again. Let's make it 2 days and 22 hours of grilling. Perfect timing for November.
  • gregglgreggl Posts: 21,594 Officer
    She's not meant to actually expose actual national secrets.
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    Parkerboy wrote: »
    Trump may be corrupt but it hasn't been proven yet and if he his it isn't from selling government access.

He actually admitted to BUYING government access during the primaries. He specifically mentioned making donations to Hillary AND expecting something in return. It takes two to tango... yeah, he's just as corrupt.
  • Finger MulletFinger Mullet Posts: 3,852 Officer
    No, that's why she used her own sever. It was more prudent than using a commercially available service.

AOL is America Online.

Gary most any private sector server is **** safe, they like their secrets. I am sure NSA or CIA could have given her a server that was very well encrypted and protected. But a personal private server, that even I could hack, well ****.
  • Who said it was hacked?

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Who said it was hacked?

FBI albeit they are not sure

Interesting NY Times article, all of this is just odd.

When the F.B.I. director, James B. Comey, said on Tuesday that his investigators had no “direct evidence” that Hillary Clinton’s email account had been “successfully hacked,” both private experts and federal investigators immediately understood his meaning: It very likely had been breached, but the intruders were far too skilled to leave evidence of their work.

Mr. Comey described, in fairly blistering terms, a set of email practices that left Mrs. Clinton’s systems wide open to Russian and Chinese hackers, and an array of others. She had no full-time cybersecurity professional monitoring her system. She took her BlackBerry everywhere she went, “sending and receiving work-related emails in the territory of sophisticated adversaries.” Her use of “a personal email domain was both known by a large number of people and readily apparent.”

In the end, the risks created by Mrs. Clinton’s insistence on keeping her communications on a private server may prove to be a larger issue than the relatively small amount of classified data investigators said they found on her system. But the central mystery — who got into the system, if anyone — may never be resolved.

link http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/07/us/hillary-clintons-email-was-probably-hacked-experts-say.html?_r=0

Probably hacked, anything important, probably not, but ****.
  • :huh What does "no evidence " mean?

No clue all of this is weird
  • It means that the FBI (or anyone else) examining it found no evidence to suggest that her server was hacked. Which in turn means that no one said it was, other than the witch hunters who are still enthusiastically pursuing their avocation.

• mikehelsmikehels Posts: 2,981 Officer
    The secretaries are not military and report within no military structure. They are independent and report to the president and serve at the president's pleasure. They also establish policies and procedures within their agencies and department:

(a) Security functions
    (1) The Secretary of State shall develop and implement (in consultation with the heads of other Federal agencies having personnel or missions abroad where appropriate and within the scope of the resources made available) policies and programs, including funding levels and standards, to provide for the security of United States Government operations of a diplomatic nature and foreign government operations of a diplomatic nature in the United States. Such policies and programs shall include—

(A) protection of all United States Government personnel on official duty abroad (other than Voice of America correspondents on official assignment and those personnel under the command of a United States area military commander) and their accompanying dependents;

(B) establishment and operation of security functions at all United States Government missions abroad (other than facilities or installations subject to the control of a United States area military commander);

(C) establishment and operation of security functions at all Department of State facilities in the United States; and

(D) protection of foreign missions, international organizations, and foreign officials and other foreign persons in the United States, as authorized by law.
    (2) Security responsibilities shall include the following:
    (A) Former Office of Security functions

Functions and responsibilities exercised by the Office of Security, Department of State, before November 11, 1985.

(B) Security and protective operations
    (i) Establishment and operation of post security and protective functions abroad.

(ii) Development and implementation of communications, computer, and information security.

(iii) Emergency planning.

(iv) Establishment and operation of local guard services abroad.

(v) Supervision of the United States Marine Corps security guard program.

(vi) Liaison with American overseas private sector security interests.

(vii) Protection of foreign missions and international organizations, foreign officials, and diplomatic personnel in the United States, as authorized by law.

(viii) Protection of the Secretary of State and other persons designated by the Secretary of State, as authorized by law.

(ix) Physical protection of Department of State facilities, communications, and computer and information systems in the United States.

(x) Conduct of investigations relating to protection of foreign officials and diplomatic personnel and foreign missions in the United States, suitability for employment, employee security, illegal passport and visa issuance or use, and other investigations, as authorized by law.

(xi) Carrying out the rewards program for information concerning international terrorism authorized by section 2708(a) [1] of this title.

(xii) Performance of other security, investigative, and protective matters as authorized by law.

(C) Counterterrorism planning and coordination

Development and coordination of counterterrorism planning, emergency action planning, threat analysis programs, and liaison with other Federal agencies to carry out this paragraph.

(D) Security technology

Development and implementation of technical and physical security programs, including security-related construction, radio and personnel security communications, armored vehicles, computer and communications security, and research programs necessary to develop such measures.

22 U.S. Code § 4802

That's the authorizing language enabling her server use.

The worst thing that can happen to them is that their boss fires them. Which is what happened to this one.[/QUOTE

So with all the above weight of responsibility to establish security, safety, and responsibility of her department she chose to put a server in her bathroom. That's the person you want to give the security, safety, and responsibility of the country?? Really??