Questions about the storm?

We have reservations to come up Thursday-Monday for some scalloping and fishing out of Homosassa from St. Pete - seems like Thursday for sure is out and probably Friday with strong winds even though weather might be clearing. We have the ability to cancel the lease if named storm, but is there any chance of salvaging any of the weekend? I am concerned about flooding, water clarity, how quickly does the water clear and how much flooding do you get with tropical on-shore push? I would greatly appreciate some honest feedback to help with making the decision. Thanks, Eva

Replies

  • Westwall01Westwall01 Posts: 5,123 Admiral
    Water clarity will probably be nil after the amount of rain expected.
  • Ruff OneRuff One HomosassaPosts: 1,882 Captain
    From the direction it's heading, it's not looking real good right now. Ramps are closing tomorrow, not sure when they will reopen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,891 Captain
    I'm pretty die hard but I'd cancel.
  • Rick1-2Rick1-2 HorseshoePosts: 918 Officer
    it won't be good for days after
  • majorgatormajorgator Posts: 369 Deckhand
    We're "scheduled" to head over there on Friday afternoon and stay through Monday at Camp N Water. I'm not as worried about rain as I am post-flooding, high river, trash in the river, water clarity, power outage, etc. Its looking more and more like we're going to cancel. Though the campground called yesterday to confirm our reservation LOL.
  • Kim ChiKim Chi Posts: 306 Deckhand
    Same boat here, scheduled for Thur - Mon in Steinhatchee. Definitely not going tomorrow, we'll see if we go at all.
    Kim Fraser
    Fraser Group, Inc.
    [email protected]
  • capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 9,675 Moderator
    Kim Chi wrote: »
    Same boat here, scheduled for Thur - Mon in Steinhatchee. Definitely not going tomorrow, we'll see if we go at all.

    Pretty sure any scalloping will be tough. May blow there the most.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • GatorCityGatorCity Posts: 309 Officer
    Was planning on taking my pops fishing for his 72nd birthday Saturday since him and my mom are coming up. Moved it to Sunday. Should call them and tell them we are coming down there instead, the fishing will probably be better. If Cedar Key gets the amount of rain expected I'm not sure the ramp will even be open this weekend.
  • itsmeagain5789itsmeagain5789 Posts: 20 Greenhorn
    We're scheduled to arrive on Saturday in Crystal River. By then the weather should be clear, but I'm also concerned about water clarity. Thinking about postponing the trip entirely.
  • SlackerSlacker Posts: 1,472 Officer
    majorgator wrote: »
    We're "scheduled" to head over there on Friday afternoon and stay through Monday at Camp N Water. I'm not as worried about rain as I am post-flooding, high river, trash in the river, water clarity, power outage, etc. Its looking more and more like we're going to cancel. Though the campground called yesterday to confirm our reservation LOL.

    There will be hazards in the river, poor water clarity for sure.
  • DOCKSIDEDOCKSIDE Posts: 1,770 Captain
    Live here and not going out... water at my dock is trashed and dark. I'd be headed elsewhere for sure.
    somewhere south of disorder and on earth... mostly .
    ..............................................................................
    IBEW LU 433
  • Reel TealReel Teal Posts: 3,267 Captain
    Fishing wouldn't be good this weekend?

    Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Sign In or Register to comment.