Home Northeast (3 Forums) Northeast General Fishing & The Outdoors

Tell Me About St. Augustine

I rented a house across the street from the beach next week for 5 days. Im bringing the kayaks and the surf fishing gear. From the posts it looks like Pompano are on the beach and flounder are thick in the back. Is that correct? Anything else going on? What else should we check out? Bars? restaurants? How about a good kayak launch or two?

Replies

• A375459A375459 Posts: 36 Greenhorn
    Just north of vilano beach on a1a is the main entrance to guana river state park. Good place to launch kayaks. You can fish north or south of the dam. Try caps and aunt kates just south of their for good eats and scenery
  • seasharpseasharp Posts: 11 Greenhorn
    Barrell wrote: »
    I rented a house across the street from the beach next week for 5 days. Im bringing the kayaks and the surf fishing gear. From the posts it looks like Pompano are on the beach and flounder are thick in the back. Is that correct? Anything else going on? What else should we check out? Bars? restaurants? How about a good kayak launch or two?

I hope this is in time. FOr restaurants, I'm not sure what you like but check out some places i have been St Augustine Restaurants
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,250 Officer
    I found out Im staying next door to the lighthouse if that makes a difference. Seasharp thanx for the eats.