Ponce nearshore reefs

Hit up nearshore artifical reefs on Sunday. Seas were very calm and the water was 80 degrees. Caught a ton of amberjacks, almacos, and ars of course. Keeper mango, trigger, and sea bass. I was expecting the bite to be slow due to the up welling but we caught fish all day on live sardines and cut bait.

Replies

• LivinTheDreamPCLivinTheDreamPC Posts: 218 Deckhand
    good report. are those those new reefs i been hearing about. i guess new meaning a year old now? i think i read something about them on forums or in the paper but there is like 3 or 4 new man made reef / dump spots. does that ring a bell? good report!!!
  • AOKRVsAOKRVs Posts: 1,893 Captain
    fun day of catchin - nice work
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Marathon, FL -- World Cat 320CC -- Charter Service cheaper than renting

https://www.aokcharters.com/
    573-216-4078

https://www.AOKRVs.com   -- The best prices on the best best brands everyday.

• SaltstrikerSaltstriker Posts: 88 Greenhorn
    good report. are those those new reefs i been hearing about. i guess new meaning a year old now? i think i read something about them on forums or in the paper but there is like 3 or 4 new man made reef / dump spots. does that ring a bell? good report!!!

The new reefs are 14 and 15. We fished reef 3 and 12 that day. The new reefs do have a lot of fish on them all ready. I would imagine in the winter they will have a good number of flounder on them.
  • InappropriateInappropriate Posts: 33 Deckhand
    Are the coordinates on the latest top spot maps? Or how else can I get the numbers? How far off shore are they?
  • Raging RioRaging Rio Posts: 62 Deckhand
    were your sinkers cold when you brought them up? i have been avoiding offshore due tot he upwelling but maybe it's gone now?
    Are the coordinates on the latest top spot maps? Or how else can I get the numbers? How far off shore are they?

All the coordinates are on the Volusia county website. Just do some google searches.
    Raging Rio wrote: »
    were your sinkers cold when you brought them up? i have been avoiding offshore due tot he upwelling but maybe it's gone now?

Fish were colder then a month ago for sure. All fish released swam down in a second with no venting so it must be pretty cool down there. They were not overly stressed from the heat of a long summer fight.