Making a day trip...

Been trolling for wahoo on the east coast for a while. Ready to switch things up and catch some snapper. Plan on Terra Ceia but would like to have a bait and snapper report if anyone has something to share. Might even throw in a Hoo steak to sweeten the pot lol. Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Replies

• wojtek9321wojtek9321 Posts: 74 Deckhand
    I was out Saturday and Sunday and bait was everywhere. Saw tons of bait at the beaches of shell key and egmont key. The buoys have bait and the flats all have white bait too. There's another thread with only bait reports you can look through. Check out another snapper reports and Snapper 101 post by SouthshoreSlayer. How's the hoo fishing been? I'm assuming you were trolling the steeples/cones?
    The Fleet
    1989 Chris Craft Seahawk 215
    2004 250HP Yamaha HPDI

2000 Polar 1886 Saltwater Skiff
    2000 90HP Yamaha 2S
  • RennieRaeRennieRae Posts: 725 Officer
    Was out in TC bay on Sunday. Bait is at marker # 9 as usual. Mostly small but useable and not all net wreckers. The water is clear on the incoming tide and I saw snapper on every bit of structure during the day...we were not targeting them but caught a few on artificial throughout the day.
    Bob 

17 ft. Ankona Native with 40 hp Suzuki 4 stroke - Skini Rennie
  • LimeyLimey Posts: 493 Deckhand
    The snapper are so thick in the bay, my wife and I caught our limit 10 fish out side of Bishops harbor. in about 1 hour. picked up 2 nice flounder also. No structure just fishing sand holes in 7' of water. All caught on medium shrimp.
    Carolina Skiff 238 DLV. 140 Suk
  • Jpeck22Jpeck22 Posts: 3 Greenhorn
    wojtek9321 wrote: »
    I was out Saturday and Sunday and bait was everywhere. Saw tons of bait at the beaches of shell key and egmont key. The buoys have bait and the flats all have white bait too. There's another thread with only bait reports you can look through. Check out another snapper reports and Snapper 101 post by SouthshoreSlayer. How's the hoo fishing been? I'm assuming you were trolling the steeples/cones?

Trolling Yo Zuri Bonita in 120-150 from Palm Beach to Jupiter, did the best just weaving between 100-140 on the ledge. Caught a 45, 40 and 2 around 20lbs on Mon last week. Caught bait by the Pilot ship on Ft Desoto first thing, good mix of snapper candy and 3". Limited out on snapper and trout along with a few mackerel. Good day on the water. Did best in TC bay. Thanks for the help

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk