Home Politics

Let's talk Senate since we all mostly know Hillary will win the presidency.

chubascochubasco Posts: 18,386 AG
It's going to be tight but I think it could easily go dem again.
Chubasco.jpg

Replies

• Bimini TwistedBimini Twisted Posts: 11,443 AG
    The GOP has to defend 24 seats with Trump around their neck like an anchor. I think flipping the Senate is a lock, on to the House!!
  • rickcrickc Posts: 9,172 Admiral
    Well if Hillary has to deal with that do nothing obstructionist Republican congress that has blocked everything Obama has tried to do she will have problems

She.does.have.a lot of.experience dealing with republicans though. She knows who the enemy is.

Hope people wake up and realize those republicans in congress need to go. Problem is those red states republicans have had a decade or.more to make sure that gerrymandering and voter suppression works for them.
  • phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    I must be in a fog. I just found out the other day we have to vote on August 30 for congress. I don't recall ever doing that before. I may be slow, but I'm old.
  • guido4198guido4198 Posts: 2,256 Captain
    phlatsphil wrote: »
    I must be in a fog. I just found out the other day we have to vote on August 30 for congress. I don't recall ever doing that before. I may be slow, but I'm old.

Explains a lot....:Spittingcoffee
  • bswivbswiv Posts: 8,224 Admiral
    rickc wrote: »
    Well if Hillary has to deal with that do nothing obstructionist Republican congress that has blocked everything Obama has tried to do she will have problems

She.does.have.a lot of.experience dealing with republicans though. She knows who the enemy is.

Hope people wake up and realize those republicans in congress need to go. Problem is those red states republicans have had a decade or.more to make sure that gerrymandering and voter suppression works for them.

Divided government is a break on the excesses of like-minded majorities. It protects minority opinion and interest and causes alterations in policy to be more thoughtful and more consensus driven.

Majorities that force their vision off on 30-45% of the population who are unwilling may well be correct in a historical sense as to the policy but in a free society that forcing is a problem.

Also to be remembered is that no party nor ideology has a lock on truth, and for certain none of them possess prescience, a fact which makes it advantageous for a society to have a deliberative and compromise based government. Your desire to have power such that your vision of how your fellow man should/can live is no more admirable than is that of the Team R players who would jam theirs down your throat.

Fact is that IF you did the looking ( The media does not report this because it is not news! And because it does not fit their political agenda. ) what you'd find is much the same as you find if you dug up the votes on SCOTUS decisions, that there is plenty of consensus, plenty of legislation passing through Congress.......and it is broadly rather than narrowly supported.

That is what you want in a free society.