Skip to main content
Home Ten Thousand Islands General Fishing & The Outdoors

07/15

Had a pretty decent day on Saturday.

Went out of Goodland and was met with a little dirtier water and a little more wind than I wanted. Saw some birds diving and a Tarpon roll at a point just on the outside of **** Key pass so I stopped. It had some good tidal flow and some pods of glass minnows that the birds were working, so I anchored up. Pretty much had a bite on every cast, but it was mostly Snapper and Ladyfish. Did catch one good Snook that was about 24 inches.

After the bite died down a bit, I headed inside towards Caxambas to try to find some cleaner water. I found some cleaner water and good tide, but mostly Sharks and Catfish with it.

After the tide slacked off and then started going out, I moved out to the Cape area. Didn't have much luck until about 1 PM when I was working some of the shoreline and caught another 20+ inch Snook and a 23 inch Redfish.

It was hot and the storms were rolling in, so I was off the water by about 2:30.

Mostly used gulps with tipped shrimp (New Penny and Rootbeer) and a Mirrodine.

Replies