Home Panhandle General Fishing & The Outdoors

Surf Fishing People...

Headed to Destin area on Saturday for a week with the family and would like to surf fish when I have time. Just got back from a week in the keys so leaving the boat and yak at home, just low key when I have time, want to focus on spending time with wifey and the kids.

Was going to fish with sandfleas and shrimp for whiting/reds in the surf, maybe cast a x-rap or bucktail jig.

Cobia in the surf? Any advice will be much appreciated. Thanks!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Replies

• Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,193 Admiral
  • FluffyFluffy Posts: 1,762 Captain
    Hi Split, what the hell is going on in the water over there? I was just told we are not allowed to swim? **** are you guys dumping in the water?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • GAblacktipGAblacktip Posts: 31 Deckhand
    Headed to destin this weekend as well, plan on fishing the beach. Have you heard anything as far as fishing reports?
  • Split ShotSplit Shot Posts: 6,193 Admiral
    Fluffy wrote: »
    Hi Split, what the hell is going on in the water over there? I was just told we are not allowed to swim? **** are you guys dumping in the water?
    All is good and it was some miss info that was passed around from what I've heard other than some June grass washing up. Traffic has been hell on wheels with record breaking tourist but other than that all has been good! Surf temps have risen to 87* so pelagics will be close in with reds /drum, pompano, and whiting in the surf. Fresh market shrimp and sand fleas will be your friend along with jigs.

Keep us posted and have a great visit!
    Split Shot wrote: »
    All is good and it was some miss info that was passed around from what I've heard other than some June grass washing up. Traffic has been hell on wheels with record breaking tourist but other than that all has been good! Surf temps have risen to 87* so pelagics will be close in with reds /drum, pompano, and whiting in the surf. Fresh market shrimp and sand fleas will be your friend along with jigs.

Keep us posted and have a great visit!

**** folks from Jawga getting their bacteria wrong.... My MIL called all hysterical yesterday that we were all gonna get the flesh eating kind...

Wifey wants to brave the Destin traffic and shop, I'm hoping to do little more than hang out of the beach, drink good rum and fish...

Thanks for the info! Hoping to post some catch/dinner pics...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Sorry to say the beach fishing didn't amount to much. Bikini watching and rum drinking on the other hand......

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]