Home General Paddle Craft

Boynton drift trip

I had a great trip with some great friends, Dwayne Vincent, Danny Hays Quillen Junior, Kc Gonsalves and Fabiano Carmine, fishing off of Boynton. Making a drift it one of the best ways to fish off the coast of South East Florida. In a kayak or paddle board, it allows you to make the most of you offshore trip. Sailfish, king fish and tuna are only a short paddle off the beach. We need to make another trip down there again soon. Nice sail Kc.

Replies

• ProduktProdukt Posts: 592 Officer
  • mjrudd1mjrudd1 Posts: 278 Deckhand
    Very nice. I've got to catch a good weather day and try that when I'm down in the area. Congrats to all.
  • krhyde1066krhyde1066 Posts: 78 Greenhorn
    Great Video there, Pete. That's some beautiful shots of the jumps and head shakes! A great friend to stop fishing and start filming! Good job Sir.
    Karl
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    It is worth putting down the rod and pick up the camera.
    krhyde1066 wrote: »
    Great Video there, Pete. That's some beautiful shots of the jumps and head shakes! A great friend to stop fishing and start filming! Good job Sir.
    Karl
  • BasstarBasstar Posts: 520 Officer
    Another good one, Pete.

A couple of questions: How do you transport your board and how do most of your fellow anglers transport their kayaks?

Secondly, when traveling and staying overnight in motels, what precautions do you take to protect your boats and equipment?

The reason i ask is that I just sold my truck which was a second vehicle and am debating the decision of car topping my kayak, buying a small trailer, or buying another truck.

Thanks Pete and any other folks here who would like to chime in with your experiences, your input is appreciated.
  • palmbeachpetepalmbeachpete Posts: 2,620 Captain
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I carry my boards and kayaks in the back of my pickup. If I am staying overnight I will run a cable threw the lock ring on the paddle board and lock it to the pickup. I will lock the board to a poll or tree if not in the pickup.
    Basstar wrote: »
    Another good one, Pete.

A couple of questions: How do you transport your board and how do most of your fellow anglers transport their kayaks?

Secondly, when traveling and staying overnight in motels, what precautions do you take to protect your boats and equipment?

The reason i ask is that I just sold my truck which was a second vehicle and am debating the decision of car topping my kayak, buying a small trailer, or buying another truck.

Thanks Pete and any other folks here who would like to chime in with your experiences, your input is appreciated.
  • John McKroidJohn McKroid Posts: 1,974 Captain
    Nice Video, Thanks Pete.
  • BasstarBasstar Posts: 520 Officer
    Sorry it took so long to get back to you. I carry my boards and kayaks in the back of my pickup. If I am staying overnight I will run a cable threw the lock ring on the paddle board and lock it to the pickup. I will lock the board to a poll or tree if not in the pickup.

No problem on the delay Pete. Thanks for the reply. Again, nice video.
  • WadeFishermanWadeFisherman Posts: 439 Deckhand
    Very professional video. I felt like I was watching sportsman's channel. Also, you and your buddies seem like great guys who just love fishing. I can relate to the tired scene at the end. Thanks for sharing your passion.