Sanibel water report

How does the water look around Sanibel these days? The discharge from Lake O muddying up the waters?

Replies

• Art RArt R Posts: 14 Greenhorn
    Fished Blind Pass yesterday. SW wind all week made the water milky. It followed all the way in with the incoming. Managed 2 snook, one 41". As I went over the bridge back, the outgoing water was black all the way to the lighthouse but I couldn't see if it made the bend on to the beach.
  • Salt LifeSalt Life Posts: 23 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the report. Hate to hear the water is affected like that again.
  • BasaltBasalt Posts: 32 Deckhand
    Sunday water was nasty all the way to the lighthouse but after the bent it was pretty clear on the beach .
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • ScminnowScminnow Posts: 3,833 Captain
    It crap
  • cprcpr Posts: 9,309 Admiral
    Any bait on the beach?
    "The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in the mind at the same time, and still retain the ability to function." F. Scott Fitzgerald

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it's about the future." Niels Bohr
  • BasaltBasalt Posts: 32 Deckhand
    Lots of bait ,small green backs by the pier
  • BeeknBeekn Posts: 136 Deckhand
    Here now and water is murky. :(
  • tightloops65tightloops65 Posts: 115 Deckhand
    http://w3.saj.usace.army.mil/h2o/reports/r-s79m.html

Use the above link for the Franklin dam discharge numbers.
  • LimeyLimey Posts: 478 Deckhand
    Scminnow wrote: »
    It crap

How crap is it. Doesn't look too bad on the island inn beach cam. Coming down on 7/9 for 3weeks.
    Carolina Skiff 238 DLV. 140 Suk
  • ScminnowScminnow Posts: 3,833 Captain
    Water still crap but lots of fish in the usual places
  • LimeyLimey Posts: 478 Deckhand
    Good deal. I'm ready to catch some fish and enjoy the beach. I heard we got a lot of sand back out in front of our condo.
    Carolina Skiff 238 DLV. 140 Suk
  • tightloops65tightloops65 Posts: 115 Deckhand
    Franklin was at 7370 CFS yesterday......still too high. It needs to be half that for the water to start clearing up.