Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

So, We meet again...

Well, it has been brutally hot...and the numbers of fish is down some. The other day I was kinda upset that I lost a nice Snook to the bushes...then, lost what would have been my best trout of the season that just shook loose....

Today, my first stop I jumped off a snook...then, I caught a bottom slot Trout...and while I knew there was a sub adult porpoise somewhere nearby...I saw him a long way off when I released the trout...and unknown to me in the filthy water there are 3 others RIGHT UNDER THE BOAT. Poor guy never stood a chance. Then, I caught a decent snook but had to make a hard decision...turn it back loose to a certain death...or put it in the baitwell and haul **** out of there away from them and release in a safe spot...I'm not going to say what I did..other than I think he is going to be fine. :wink

20160617_070054_zps8p9inrgb.jpg

So, I ran off the beach and played with the bonita...they were there but picky ( not like yesterday when they were chewin' :)) ...caught 4 and had 2 others pull loose.

20160616_082319_zpsd0wkmwup.jpg

I decided to look for a Red...but the wind was already crazy...but i was in the right neighborhood....Looks like my friend from the other day.

20160617_091728_zpsvqhxsry4.jpg

over 29 inches and fat.... quick pic and back in the water...
There are many roads to travel
Many things to do.
Knots to be unraveled
'fore the darkness falls on you

Replies

• FlfjackFlfjack Posts: 646 Officer
    I can see your selfie game has progressed nicely. Nice work as always man!
    East Boynton
    IG jack.bbi
  • mikevmikev Posts: 10,822 AG
    That trout is a BEAST. Nicely done sir!
    "The only people that tell you it can't be done are the people who haven't done it themselves."
  • HookupAndGoHookupAndGo Posts: 201 Deckhand
    That's a nice fish.

Think it's about time for you to get one of those go-pro's and use some still captures from it. Since you are getting all techie now and doing selfies.... Do they allow selfie sticks on boats?
    :fishing
  • FlecFlec Posts: 705 Officer
    I know what you mean about loosing nice snook to the mangroves. I have lost 3 nice ones in the past week trying to stop them from getting in there. If I am going to compete and win with those fish I am going to have to up my tackle,including stronger line,leader,and hooks. 15lb braid and 20/25lb leader isn't cutting it against the bigguns. By the way, after chatting with you last Sunday I got a nice 19 inch flounder for my Sun dinner to go along with my super slam earlier. It was a good day. Thursday was slow for me several snook,one nice trout and a few jacks. Saw 2 reds that scurried off when I tossed to them.
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    Hell yeah man I bet them boneheads are a blast on light tackle.. the heat has been cranked up for sure esp around 11 when that wind drops out...

I use this Ram Mount X grip in my kayak and I know a few people who use them in their boats.. It grips your phone and holds it securely so you can use a camera timer to get pics, or do like I do and just put it on video mode, let it record, pose your fish, and then snag screenshots later.. it's the best 30 bucks I have ever spent in my life and it allows you to get great pics even while solo.. It has a plethora of different mounting options as well..

Awesome job on the feesh sir, that's one hell of a troutski
  • beachside321beachside321 Posts: 371 Deckhand
    Nice trout!

I used to do exactly what SpaceCoastSlayer said. If you put it on video you have a better chance of getting "the shot".
  • FishseekerFishseeker Posts: 84 Deckhand
    Nice work Joe. - way to bring it!
  • Net 30Net 30 Posts: 1,032 Officer
    Nice Trout Joe.

Looks like you have the outstretched arm fish shot down pat except in your case you have the camera arm extended and the fish near your face :)
  • AOKRVsAOKRVs Posts: 2,052 Captain
    Stud trout
    is there a lot of bait on the beach
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Marathon, FL -- World Cat 320CC -- Charter Service cheaper than renting

https://www.aokcharters.com/
    573-216-4078

https://www.AOKRVs.com   -- The best prices on the best best brands everyday.

• duckmanJRduckmanJR Posts: 20,929 AG
    You guys are being kinda hard on an old guy who just learned the "selfie"...Timers on camera? ...Movies?...What?...Let's not go crazy fellas...I only take pictures because you guys like them..... We'll keep working on the big time photography... :grin

How about this...My Fathers day fish.

20160619_113205_zpsgpqzzt8b.jpg
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • AOKRVsAOKRVs Posts: 2,052 Captain
    Very nice - and yes we do like the pics
    Happy Fathers day
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Marathon, FL -- World Cat 320CC -- Charter Service cheaper than renting

https://www.aokcharters.com/
    573-216-4078

https://www.AOKRVs.com   -- The best prices on the best best brands everyday.

• Keep on SpoolinKeep on Spoolin Posts: 1,361 Officer
    Nice work Joe, happy fathers day.
  • flybymeflybyme Posts: 31 Greenhorn
    Hey Flec, your sis here. Pick up a fly rod brother. Catch some more bigun's! Love, Fishin' sis (flybyme)
    flybyme wrote: »
    Hey Flec, your sis here. Pick up a fly rod brother. Catch some more bigun's! Love, Fishin' sis (flybyme)

Ha, Sis beatin' on you John.... Get that buggy whip out! :)
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
    Ok, So I had to skip yesterday. My MIL who was 86 and long suffering from alzheimers passed this weekend and I had to help the wife with getting arrangements sorted out etc.
    I got to thye ramp this morning and it was already kinda breezy and was raining down south...So, that made choosing where to start a little easier. First stop i pulled a decent mid twenties snook and a bottom slot trout...and procured a dz. nice baits.
    Started looking but wind and cloud cover was hard to deal with... Saw a few NICE snook...but at 15 feet ..it is hard to turn a deal.
    Popped two more small snook on a white CAL but finally got a bait in front of the right fish....a twin to the other days big fatty trout.
    Sadly, Since I won't net big girls like that not wanting to damage their slime coat right here in the spawn months...where she is of infinite value to our fishery.... she shook off while I was trying to slip a finger in her. I may need to get one of those gripper things.
    I won't lie...now that my son showed me how to take pictures on a timer...I would like to have gotten a pic...Oh well.
    Downsized on the bait and for my good deed...the Karma fairy smiled on me.....

20160621_102351_HDR_zps47qcxo0b.jpg

That's #41

Hey, That timer thing works.. :grin

Will not be fishing tomorrow.... Service and burial for the MIL.... Maybe back at it Thurs or Fri...
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled
  • SpaceCoast SlayerSpaceCoast Slayer Posts: 3,527 Captain
    duckmanJR wrote: »
    she shook off while I was trying to slip a finger in her.

:rotflmao

Nice job on the catching man.. I was gonna go this morning but didn't feel like paddling in this wind
  • beachside321beachside321 Posts: 371 Deckhand
    ^^^ haha I laughed at that too. Nice catching duckman
    OK.... I had to take a break this week to handle that most sad family obligation of laying the wifes mother to rest over on the other coast.
    After just a couple days off the water it took a bit to get dialed back in on conditions...must have rained a bunch while i was gone because dirty water was everywhere. Friday I picked up 4 trout then poked out the inlet and caught 2 of these.

20160624_084021_zpsviwgshvi.jpg

It was very slow as Palm Beach Pete had said...

Yesterday, I didn't want to deal with the busy ramps so launched at Wabasso. I caught 2 snook and 8 or 9 trout but only saw 2 Reds and could not make it happen....but I did get this consolation prize.

20160625_102842_zpszznzgqp0.jpg

So...I will get my Omega 3's anyway...:grin

Today started slow...and the first hit is a nice trout...that manages to twist and shake itself loose... :cry I Finally get another hit and it is a snook....so, It's getting light and heating up. I head off to get a trout and I have no trouble catching 5 plus a jack in short order....
    I start looking at likely Redfish spots and spot one heading up under the mangroves. I slow down and decide I'll wait him out....and out of the corner of my eye I spot a pair going past me... I get the finger out in that direction and BAM! Fish on!

20160626_083558_HDR_zpszj0qbaor.jpg

It's 8:35 and that's #42.... kept at it but never saw anything but a trout scooting away...on the trailer at 10....
    Many things to do.
    Knots to be unraveled