Skip to main content
Home General Freshwater Fishing

Orlando Bass in June

asj410asj410 Posts: 16 Greenhorn
So, I'm looking at planning a very quick weekend trip down to Orlando next month with the sole purpose of trying to finally land a 5-pound largemouth. Been a goal of mine for the last 20+ years. I know June isn't exactly ideal for maximizing my chances, but I just wasn't able to make it work this spring. Anyway, my plan is to drive down on Friday evening, hit the water on Saturday, and again on Sunday morning before heading home. Here's the catch: I'm going to be limited to strictly bank fishing to minimize expenses. With that said, I'd like to hit a bunch of the small lakes and ponds around the city. I tried out Turkey Lake the last time I was in town back in 2011. Didn't catch much. Just a few little ones. Also hit the pond next to the DoubleTree Universal, but didn't see any action. Does anyone have any suggestions on any specific ponds or smaller lakes that might be decent from the shore in June? I'm a little uncomfortable just strolling up to any ol' pond without knowing for sure if I'm even allowed to fish it. Feel free to PM me if needed. Even if I don't land that 5-pounder, it would be great just to wet a line!

Replies

• capt louiecapt louie citrus countyPosts: 10,770 Moderator
    There are a zillion ponds in that area and I'm guessing most have one that big or bigger. If fishing isn't allowed it should be posted so.
    If not , fish it. Look at the Google maps and check for access. Retention ponds can be pretty good also.
    "You'll get your weather"
  • asj410asj410 Posts: 16 Greenhorn
    Thanks for the info! I managed to pick up some info on specific lakes and ponds in the area and came across a few on Google maps that look worthy of checking out. Should I be concerned about strolling over to a pond that is on private property without knowing that it's on private property, especially if there are no "No Fishing" signs posted anywhere? I've seen a few YouTube videos of cops getting involved. Doesn't sound like my idea of a fun weekend...lol.
  • bronconutbronconut Posts: 13 Greenhorn
    Whenever I take the boat out on Jon's Lake near Windermere (Orlando west) I always see some old timers at the bench and dock slaying the big bass.
    It is a good spot.
    Look up Deer Isle if you can't find Jon's Lake. Deer Isle is a large neighborhood at the center of the lake.
    The boat ramp is west of Deer Isle, by one more intersection off of hwy. 50.

Dropped Pin

http://maps.google.com/?q=28.544767,-81.659360&hl=en&gl=us