Home East Central General Fishing & The Outdoors

SOUTHEAST FISHERY BULLETIN Red Snapper (South Atlantic)

2»

Replies

• SaltstrikerSaltstriker Posts: 88 Greenhorn
    The whole thing is a big joke. I'm not that good a fisherman and I catch ars every time out.
  • beachsideandybeachsideandy Posts: 925 Officer
    Exactly... we were using oversized gear, hooks, leader, etc.. to try for big AJ's and grouper and were pulling them up in 180-200ft. Def joke.
  • Fool's GoldFool's Gold Posts: 169 Deckhand
    If you see my post from this weekend, we were doing the same out in 280'. We use to catch maybe one a year out that deep, now we have to move to get away from them. Between this ridiculous closure and the snowy and tile fish closure it is a joke. I think it is the south Florida money that pushes this, everybody and there brother in pontoon and john boats can go out and catch ARS, snowy, tilefish etc...so they are not as many down there, so they push to close to them. I think there should be regions to separate the state to help with the regulations...but I am not a scientist, just someone out spending money fishing.
  • beachsideandybeachsideandy Posts: 925 Officer
    I think it is the south Florida money that pushes this, everybody and there brother in pontoon and john boats can go out and catch ARS, snowy, tilefish etc...so they are not as many down there, so they push to close to them. I think there should be regions to separate the state to help with the regulations...but I am not a scientist, just someone out spending money fishing.

Big ten 4 on that.
  • timwfmtimwfm Posts: 258 Deckhand
    Which inlet? which ramp?

J-Sea wrote: »
    FWC at the inlet ramp checking everyone saturday
  • BarrellBarrell Posts: 1,259 Officer
    That brings something up that always bugs me. A lot of guys don't have their location in their signature. Then they ask questions over and over that are location related. Please add your port of call to your signatures.
    timwfm wrote: »
    Which inlet? which ramp?
  • J-SeaJ-Sea Posts: 202 Officer
    I'm based out of Mel Beach, fished out of FP but heard from friends about Sebastian :huh
    I had a ride for the BWO but we ran into friends at the captain's party who needed a third so my fiancé jumped on board with them
    and no I'm not loaning her out anymore :cool:rotflmao

But seriously we gotta get a non democrat in the white house to change this.
  • J-SeaJ-Sea Posts: 202 Officer
    Location and Avatar Woo Hoo!