Home Big Bend General Fishing & The Outdoors

The new 83º West in Cedar Key

Was out there Sunday with my bicycle buddy Eschol Walker. He had put on 46 miles earlier that day heading up to Old Town and back to our house. Wanted to check out the crowd in Cedar Key. As we went up to 84 West, I believe it might have been Tankard, but after 3 Mudslides, 2 Malibus, who knows. :willynilly He did have some musical equipment with him and they had several bands playing at 84 West which is still trying to get off the ground. Ran into many friends that night but was surprised to see them rolling up the sidewalk at 8 PM in some places. Sunday I can understand, but on Memorial day weekend??

After leaving us, he will eventually make his way out of Orlando, via plane (with bike) to Iceland, where he will stay for 1 month.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield

Replies

• CyclistCyclist Posts: 23,346 AG
    That's a nice set up, everything and the kitchen sink! Where is 84 West?
  • Jim311Jim311 Posts: 4,956 Captain
    I can only imagine the pain of pushing that bike into a headwind. Bikepackers are tough.
  • FlashFlash Posts: 11,193 AG
    Cyclist wrote: »
    That's a nice set up, everything and the kitchen sink! Where is 84 West?

He now has a CoMotion Pangia bike. Breaks down so he can fit it in a suitcase. With the setup (Trek 520) in this phone, he has a single wheel trailer for more bags.

83 West. my mistake and this is the old renovated Seabreeze.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Never seem more learned than the people you are with. Wear your learning like a pocket watch and keep it hidden. Do not pull it out to count the hours, but give the time when you are asked. --- Lord Chesterfield
    Here is the new set up Pete. He hit the road this morning. After a trek to High Springs, St Augustine, Port Orange and Orlando.... Iceland, here he comes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• lboverhoflboverhof Posts: 148 Deckhand
    Is 83 West any good? I might have to check it out.
    lboverhof wrote: »
    Is 83 West any good? I might have to check it out.

It is very new yet. Our complaint, no blender. How can you have island boat drinks with no blender. Very clean, very different from Seabreeze. Upstairs is not open yet however. Heard originally NO music. Seems that has changed. Have not ate there yet, but saw some good stuff go by.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

• RyanStahl_RRTRyanStahl_RRT Posts: 110 Deckhand
    I stopped in a few days ago after getting off the water. It has a nice set up but.....the service was awful and the food was nothing to brag about
  • m9000m9000 Posts: 2,082 Captain
    Flash wrote: »
    It is very new yet. Our complaint, no blender. How can you have island boat drinks with no blender. Very clean, very different from Seabreeze. Upstairs is not open yet however. Heard originally NO music. Seems that has changed. Have not ate there yet, but saw some good stuff go by.

Why do almost all the restaurants in Cedar Key think people want to listen to really bad live music while they eat?
  • RyanStahl_RRTRyanStahl_RRT Posts: 110 Deckhand
    TJ brown is regular who plays around CK. Maybe u havnt heard him, he is very good
    TJ brown is regular who plays around CK. Maybe u havnt heard him, he is very good

He should know me too. He was a student at Chiefland High School while I was shooting sports pics there. I don't think it was him as he address me as "Flash". Does he have a beard now?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]