Which cities are among the country's most dangerous?

WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
Tally is the only surprise, of the FL cities.

Text:

Crime in Florida recently hit a 44-year low, but a new report reveals that several Palm Beach County cities are considered to be among the most dangerous in the nation.

Riviera Beach (40th) and Lake Worth (47th) made a list of the 100 most dangerous cities with 25,000 people or more, compiled by Neighborhood Scout. Other Florida cities on the list are Fort Pierce, Miami, North Miami, Miami Beach, Homestead, Orlando, Fort Myers, Daytona Beach, Panama City, and Tallahassee.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/crime-law/which-pbc-cities-are-among-most-dangerous-us/nqhXY/

Replies

• phlatsphilphlatsphil Posts: 14,632 AG
    No worries. Trump gonna make it all better.
  • WaterEngineerWaterEngineer Posts: 24,415 AG
    phlatsphil wrote: »

Are you sure? Tell us more.
  • rain dograin dog Posts: 3,245 Captain
    phlatsphil wrote: »

consumed by it eh?
  • Baits OutBaits Out Posts: 12,331 AG
    "Rivera Beach" has rapidly grown to be a perfect example of a liberal
    entitlement contemporary slave plantation city.

I spelled it that way since most residents struggle with
    three syllables, . . . much less pronouncing four.

I used to work there some years ago in an industrial area.
    We had a large sign outside, "No cash sales. We do not
    have cash in this office."

Er, uh, . . . what used to be called a classic ghetto area.

A southeast Florida laid back beach bum and volunteer bikini assessor who lives on island time. 
  • cadmancadman Home of the Gators Posts: 27,194 AG

Text:

Crime in Florida recently hit a 44-year low, but a new report reveals that several Palm Beach County cities are considered to be among the most dangerous in the nation.

Riviera Beach (40th) and Lake Worth (47th) made a list of the 100 most dangerous cities with 25,000 people or more, compiled by Neighborhood Scout. Other Florida cities on the list are Fort Pierce, Miami, North Miami, Miami Beach, Homestead, Orlando, Fort Myers, Daytona Beach, Panama City, and Tallahassee.

http://www.palmbeachpost.com/news/news/crime-law/which-pbc-cities-are-among-most-dangerous-us/nqhXY/
    Why is Tallahassee a surprise?

All those FSU footbal players keep the crime rate up.:rotflmao

Mini Mart Magnate

cadman wrote: »
    Why is Tallahassee a surprise?

All those FSU footbal players keep the crime rate up.:rotflmao

Good one. :grin
  • Finger MulletFinger Mullet Posts: 3,852 Officer
    Riviera Beach is a rough neighbor hood, I grew up in North Palm Beach, but North Miami Beach is way worse, used to commute thru there when I95 was clogged, to get to MIA 20th or 27th ave can be real sketchy never stopped, even stop signs, and only slowed at red lights.
  • DemonDemon Posts: 222 Deckhand
    Miami has exported its thugery to Tallahassee. The Miami Dade / FAMU connection is strong.
  • rickcrickc Posts: 9,172 Admiral

Text:

Dangerous for Who?

Certainly not for those in the gated communities.

How about a little demographics on those dangerous areas, the perpetrators and the victims.

I would guess you would find gangs and drugs involved in most of it.
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,444 AG
    rickc wrote: »
    Dangerous for Who?

Sertainly not for those in the gated communities.

How about a little demographics on those dangerous areas, the perpetrators and the victims.

"Shirley" you are not serious!" :wink

Why the emphasis on demographics and their killings and related drug use? At this point, what difference does it make? Dat's racist! :Spittingcoffee
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rickcrickc Posts: 9,172 Admiral
    Dangerous for Who?

Is the truth racist?
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 19,392 AG
    Dangerous for Who?

Where is Gary C to claim this quote worthy? He must be busy promoting Hillary
  • Gary S. ColecchioGary S. Colecchio Posts: 24,922 AG
    Baits Out wrote: »
    "Rivera Beach" has rapidly grown to be a perfect example of a liberal
    entitlement contemporary slave plantation city.

I spelled it that way since most residents struggle with
    three syllables, . . . much less pronouncing four.

I used to work there some years ago in an industrial area.
    We had a large sign outside, "No cash sales. We do not
    have cash in this office."

Er, uh, . . . what used to be called a classic ghetto area.

"Rivera Beach" was established as a "slave plantation city" when Flagler ferried all the black residents of Palm Beach there for a feast, and burned all their homes and stranded them there.

Or so the story goes.
    "If I can't win, I won't play." - Doris Colecchio.

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
    Where is Gary C to claim this quote worthy? He must be busy promoting Hillary

Slow day on Tralfamadore? How's that RICO thing working out for you?:grin

"Well Gary, the easiest way to look tall is to stand in a room full of short people." - Curtis Bostick

"All these forums, with barely any activity, are like a neglected old cemetery that no one visits anymore."- anonymouse
  • Big BatteryBig Battery Posts: 19,392 AG
    Ready to follow your own voting advice? You know... the not wasting your vote nonsense?
    Ready to follow your own voting advice? You know... the not wasting your vote nonsense?

6c210655506893c8a04f30a3a19f0217.jpg

• MenziesMenzies Posts: 19,289 AG
    Really surprised Jacksonville isn't on there anywhere. A few years ago it was touted as the murder capital of Florida.
    Maybe if we tell people that the brain is an App, they will start using it.
  • mplspugmplspug Palmetto FloridaPosts: 8,513 Admiral
    Menzies wrote: »
    Really surprised Jacksonville isn't on there anywhere. A few years ago it was touted as the murder capital of Florida.

Probably because it is so large and populated and the rankings are per capita.

Captain Todd Approves

mplspug wrote: »

Correct. Same reason Chicago isn't on the list.
  • navigator2navigator2 Posts: 22,444 AG
    mplspug wrote: »

Northwest quadrant. Don't let the sun go down on me. :hairraiser
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]